WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today sees the arrival of an Alprosa - an Enicar brand. Allegedly serviced by a retired watchmaker - working nicely and keeping time.

It has an Enicar movement - maybe the 412:

And comes with a nice condition leather strap with Strealine patented deployment clasp. I showed another of these recently - but not in as nice condition.

See http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/has-anyone-every-seen-433416.html

Unfortunately, the OP has edited his posts to ruin the thread somewhat.

Anyway, its easy to adjust and very comfortable.

My other Alprosa is here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/alprosa-enicar-306754.html

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was watching that one and considered having a go for it, but my attention was diverted by a Marvin "flying dutchman". Glad I didn't compete with you.

recently picked up this..........

with a similar deployment system, but in this case I removed the strap and replaced it with a black pig skin style.

regards

tim

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's nice. You have good taste.:-! But the brand is not known to me - any information on ERY?

How about a movement shot - and post your Marvin too.;-)

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
That's nice. You have good taste.:-! But the brand is not known to me - any information on ERY?

Very nice watches here guys. ERY is a new one on me as well. That clasp is quite an interesting find. :-!

I have also got one from this era with teardrop lugs coming. It is also a brand (not the new Indian brand :rodekaart) that no one has any info on - TITAN. I'll post it here as it is thematically similar to Marrick's Alprosa. It cost me an outrageous $1 :-!.

K.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know - but they look like replacements to me. The seller assured me it was properly serviced 2 months ago.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That clasp is quite an interesting find. :-!
Actually, its the whole strap. There is a metal plate sewn into the 'buckle' end which has a clip poking through which can be moved along the holes in the clasp to alter the length. Its not like a modern deployment clasp which fits onto any old leather strap.

I look forward to seeing your Titan!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
The hands are original, but I would be shocked if the lume is original. Nice pick-up, the movement looks like it is in great shape.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers EG. Its running well so far.b-)

·
Registered
103 Posts

Will try to take some pics tomorrow. The Marvin has a black textured dial which will be a sod to photo but I will try. The "Ery" is using an ETA 900, but I have come up with a big zilch regarding the name:-(.

bidfun-db ETA_900: ETA 900

regards

tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts