WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Hoping JL is not looking, as Im sure he will spot and name all the watches... Mr Eagle-Eye!!

Anyway... On my lunch, this lot came up.... dont think its going to be as profitable as the 'Tudor/bell-matic' lot, as i spent double to start... but can you spot the one Im after??? As before... I had the added bonus of the listing description....

To be fair, it sound like the one Im interested in, needs the most work!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I'm a big fan of those larger cushion-cased watches. You never know if they aren't housing a nice Valjoux or Lemania derivative.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a big fan of those larger cushion-cased watches. You never know if they aren't housing a nice Valjoux or Lemania derivative.
I am sad to say... I know said 'cushion case' will not be holding such a beauty within..... 7 of the 8 watch are run of the mill (the larger cushion case may be a bit better).... One is German... One Japanese, a few Brits and a few Swiss!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No thoughts???

Am I really going to have to post the close ups.....

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:roll:
Yes!:roll: It's just too blurry.
Too blurry.... well here are the 2 close ups that were also with the listing..... Super Clear!!!

Im pretty sure it will be easy now!!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Second set right side is a Longines.
Sorry Mike... No Longines.... I wish though!

I can't see anything other than the Wittnaur Alarm.
Close but no Cigar! The correct watch im interested in though....

(edit - just realised, you may have been talking about the type of watch - but I thought a Wittnaur was a make?)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is 'Wittnauer' a make?

I thought it was...

And if so, no... its not!

Is an Alarm watch though

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked the bay... and can see why the Wittnauer logo looks like this... as does the Longines.... but its neither!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I was more certain that was the Wittnauer logo than I was that it was an alarm.

Good to see you scoring a nice alarm watch in any case.

I'll live with my 50% right :-d
It may have the same movement as a Wittnauer alarm to!! So you may be 75% right!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Logo looks like it may be Vulcain. So, I'm going to say it's a 1970s Vulcain Cricket.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Logo looks like it maybe Vulcain. So, I'm going to say it's a 1970s Vulcain Cricket.
JL.... My Nemesis..... Strikes again!!!

Congrats JL.... SPOT ON!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
JL.... My Nemesis..... Strikes again!!!

Congrats JL.... SPOT ON!!!
This one was fairly easy. I wouldn't have spotted it from the first photograph. And the foundations had already been laid by Trim. So I can't really claim credit for this one.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I Need to add... this could be a bum buy.... I have bid on a few of these but always seem to fly well over £100...

Even though, it says all watches are working... Im unsure to what state... as the seller says (and you can see in the pics) the crown and button is missing on the Vulcain... o|

Full description!

1) Seiko: Round Gold tone base metal case and green bezel with black batons and gold tone hands;20mm between the lugs Date window - 17 jewels - stainless steel back.cracked glass 2) 'Timex' date window. Black Numbers and white metal hands with white colour markers. Water Resistant written on back. 18mm between lugs. Ivory-coloured, round brushed metal effect face.blemishes and scratches on the glass 3) 'Services'
Antimagnetic waterproofbrushed shiny silver face. On the back is written, within a wheel design, Antimagnetic, stainless steel back, electronically timed. 18mm between lugs. 4) 'Rotary + logo'Automatic Swiss Made 17 Jewels IncablocPearly face, smart long raised black and gold markers (no numbers) and matching hands (second hand does not move).Blank back. 17mm between lugs.
5) 'Rotary + logo'Quartz Swiss made.gold tone, gold tone bars and matching hands.light scratches on the glass. 6) 'Vulcain cricket' swiss made, water cricket.thick domed glass, gold tone case, no button and stem.shiny face, gold tone markers, hours and minutes, no numbers. 7) 'Timex'Great Britain, base metal bezel, stainless steel back.domed glass, date window.20mm between lugs8) 'Kienzle'Automatic, 21 rubis, antimagnetic. (Foreign)manual winding,gold tone markers, and number 12.matching hands, minute dots 18mm between the lugs.

all watches are in working condition. These will need a service at somepoint

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ooooh Just re read the description... could just be the stem and crown.... with the top button still there!

Either way... 8 watches for £59 delivered.... I should be able to make the money back... The Seiko and Kienzle may be ok... I have had 1 Kienzle before though... cheap case and even cheaper 1 jewel movement... so not holding out for much!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts