WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the same altitude (in my house) and watch spontaneously kicks over to alti mode even though I haven't gained or lost altitude (The manual says a gain or loss of 5m in 3 minutes will switch watch from baro to alt).

Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
790 Posts
It depends on what is going on around you. The closing of doors or cross breze in your location creates changes in pressure. These changes will reflect in perceived changes in altitude. Thus when in auto mode, the watch might switch.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
It usually takes me walking to the top of my driveway and back before mine will switch... but yes, like Cold hit says, environmental factors could push it one way or the other I suppose.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It usually takes me walking to the top of my driveway and back before mine will switch... but yes, like Cold hit says, environmental factors could push it one way or the other I suppose.
Thanks...watch was on dresser all night last night, and stayed in baro mode all night (good). Wearing watch all day today so far and no switch has taken place (also good as I have been in one elevation the whole time).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts