WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started noticing these last year and wound up getting to check 2 of them out "in the steel" a couple of months ago. (Thanks Todd [Broker]). Anyhow, the more I researched the more I realized that these weren't just some low budget diver with some obscure movement. The prices are incredible and the fit and finish is out of this world. I have never felt a 120 click bezel that is so precise. The weight of this bad boy is heavier than my Planet Ocean or DOXAs. I ordered it on rubber as I just am not a fan of the "wall of bricks" style bracelet, although it suits the watch perfectly. The dials come in black, orange and this anodized blue. The blue is similar to the Electric Blue, but does not sparkle (which I didn't like on the Electric Blue). It changes color as a whole: going from a bright royal blue to a midnight blue. The dial is not littered with uneccesary script and the semi skeleton hands are very legible. This will be my new work watch. It clocks in at well under 1K and has a ETA 2824 movement. W/R to a whopping 3000 ft it also has a HEV. I am very pleased. I would recommend Ocean 7 watches to anyone who wants a heavy duty diver or is on a budget. Here are a few Q/D shots. (Actually, all my pics look like Q&Ds).

Thanks for looking. - David

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Awesome, David. That was quick! Some perp is going to get a big surprise if he decides to tussle with you. O7 to the temple makes Jack a dull boy.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Looks good David. Man, that looks like a real chunk of steel. Might be able to bean somebody with that bad boy instead of drawing down on 'em....
Handsome, clean face. Best, John

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
one massive, oversized and robust watch. wear it in good health.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Looks awesome David, and it could definitely double up as a weapon if you were on the job (work...not....;-)) whats the spec, diameter thickness etc.

I really do like these, the doxa's and some of the stowa seatimer's I love that splash of orange that makes the watch a little more interesting to the eye.

Congratulations :-!

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Looks awesome David, and it could definitely double up as a weapon if you were on the job (work...not....;-)) whats the spec, diameter thickness etc.

I really do like these, the doxa's and some of the stowa seatimer's I love that splash of orange that makes the watch a little more interesting to the eye.

Congratulations :-!
Case: 42mm diameter
Lug spacing: 24mm
Height: 17mm
Water resistance: 1000m/3000ft
Sapphire Crystal 4mm thick
Swiss automatic ETA 2824

Don't know about the weight, but it is one very heavy mutha. - David

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Very nice David! Glad to hear the impression about this watch from an Omega owner. I have always wondered about the fit and finish of the Ocean 7 compared to Omega. Thanks.

Enjoy!

- Hiro

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Case: 42mm diameter
Lug spacing: 24mm
Height: 17mm
Water resistance: 1000m/3000ft
Sapphire Crystal 4mm thick
Swiss automatic ETA 2824

Don't know about the weight, but it is one very heavy mutha. - David
Cheers David! Explains why it looks so meaty in those pics.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice David! Glad to hear the impression about this watch from an Omega owner. I have always wondered about the fit and finish of the Ocean 7 compared to Omega. Thanks.

Enjoy!

- Hiro
I don't think these O7 watches were made to compete with Omega and the like. However, IMO now is a perfect opportunity to get in on the "ground level" on a great watch in the early years. Through no fault of O7, these watches will have to go up in price due to the changing economy and it's fallout. I didn't want to be one of those guys that a few years from now said, "Damn, I shoulda bought when one when they were giving them away". MUch like DOXA after their increases. All in all it is a very solid tool watch. I couldn't be more pleased. - David

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
That's a great looking, chunky diver, David. The thing just looks tough as any watch I've seen. The Ploprof-style dial and plonger-style hands give it a clean look, with a bit of flair.

You could really whoop up some bad guy butt with that thing.

eric

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Well done David...

I've been noticing these alot too. Alot of savy colectors here on WUS sing high praises for this brand.

Frank

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
You guys are KILLING me with all these photos of new watches. Now with my Air conditioner and furnace I can't afford anything....you guys are jerks :-( *Runs away crying with his hands waiving in air*

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Very Nice!

Just what you needed, another diver. Least you'll be prepared if you ever
take it up. I like that........always ready.
Pretty much a hunk. Since you don't dive, you can always drive nails
and beat suspects with it.
Nice watch! I'm likin that orange strap.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Very Nice!

Just what you needed, another diver. Least you'll be prepared if you ever
take it up. I like that........always ready.
Yea, nothing like being prepared. However, in the meantime I can be one helluva poser. ;-) - David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys are KILLING me with all these photos of new watches. Now with my Air conditioner and furnace I can't afford anything....you guys are jerks :-( *Runs away crying with his hands waiving in air*

There there, buck up little camper. It'll be ok. If I had half your collection I woulda been content a long time ago. That and a date with Mrs QT. Grrrrr. :-d - David

1 - 20 of 64 Posts