WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Lucy fools Charlie Brown again. Just as she assured him that he would kick that football like he'd always dreamed of.

I'm Charlie Brown, Lucy is this eBay seller.

Bid on a sweet Seiko Ananta SNR021 on eBay. Lost interest at $2000. Reserve not met and bidding died at $2026.

NIB Seiko Ananta Spring Drive GMT SNR021 | eBay

I get a legitimate "Second Chance Offer" the next day for my max bid of $2000. To which I immediately buy and pay with Paypal (on credit card).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32077662993...29938&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Well, the seller is silent for a day which seems odd on such a purposely sent offer. So I message him thru eBay reminding him of my purchase.

He finally replies today with this:

Hello David,

I'm afraid I maid a really big error when I went to initiate the second-chance offers. I had selected two buyers thinking (my big mistake) here that it would be first-come first basis. I didn't think two people could actually bet set up to purchase the same item in ebay. I really and sincerely apologize for this and have refunded your money just now through PayPal.

I am going to send out to the ebay support staff on this and see fi they can fix this problem.

Again, I really am sorry for this mix up and I offer my sincerely of apologies.

Also, if you do want one of these Spring Drives, I know that the jeweler I bought it from could give you a great deal. You can contact Michael Fischer at [email protected] or 858-259-1819. You tell him I sent you his way.

Again sorry about this mix up.

Regards,
Ron

Just a bunch of bull I thought I'd share with you guys.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
wow brother, i can sense your level of disappointment and frustration.....what's your recourse? is there some sort of adjudicative process for you through ebay?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The eBay seller sent him and myself a Second Chance Offer. Looks like he beat me by a little under 2 hours.

My purchase:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The flipper's purchase:

NIB Seiko Ananta Spring Drive GMT SNR021 | eBay

If anybody here buys it they'll be puttin' 5 Ben Franklins in his pocket.

I especially like his words "keeping perfect time". Guess he checked the time accuracy during the few minutes it took him to open the box and take the pictures.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did the post where you said he sent you a fake ebay email go ?
Edited it out. I couldn't prove it and developing details made it irrelevant anyway. I think the seller made an honest mistake of sending out 2 Second Chance offers hoping that at least one would get taken, but he wasn't expecting or realizing both could be taken and he of course only had one watch.

What made me think the second eBay email was a spoof/fake was that it came in on a Sunday and within an hour or so of his original message denying my purchase. Anybody that has ever dealt with eBay support will tell you they do not respond in a day, much less in an hour, nor in the format that email was sent in. Just seemed like a fishy email to me because of all those reasons.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I loathe ebay. It's full of dirtbags. And when there's a problem, ebay takes forever to resolve. After my account was hi-jacked, ebay just froze it. They never got me set back up with my old userID with all of my feedback, etc.

I also hate Paypal. But, you already know this from working deals with me. ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts