WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very innovative but a fake. Never ever seen a fake that worse.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Horrible thang!!!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
No, I don't believe in a fake. :think:

There were often rumours about a branch of STOWA in the Ukrainian woods. All their master watchmakers are full of ideas and out of components to assembly watches.

The watch shown by Mike is rather a result of an creative accident than a fake:
They wanted to build a kitchen clock, but after painting the 60 minutes dial they counted all hands they found and only had a sum of three.
And two additional small dials - which they glued on the bigger one as it has never been done before. Now the hands were fixed, a plexi over them and the summit of Ukrainian horological design was finished, wow!! :-!

Volker

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, Stowa is popular enough to have people creating fake pieces? Don't get me wrong, this is in no way a knock on Stowa. I'm on the waiting list for two MO's. If anything this shows Stowa's growing popularity. You know you are doing something right when others 'attempt' to imitate you.

Boy, I can't wait till my Stowas come in.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
No, I don't believe in a fake. :think:

There were often rumours about a branch of STOWA in the Ukrainian woods. All their master watchmakers are full of ideas and out of components to assembly watches.

The watch shown by Mike is rather a result of an creative accident than a fake:
They wanted to build a kitchen clock, but after painting the 60 minutes dial they counted all hands they found and only had a sum of three.
And two additional small dials - which they glued on the bigger one as it has never been done before. Now the hands were fixed, a plexi over them and the summit of Ukrainian horological design was finished, wow!! :-!

Volker
Hilarious!!!!

I recently bid on a "vintage" Doxa from the 1920's. It was an impulse, but then I started asking questions here from a few members and got a much better understanding of what can be out there and what to looks for. Fortunately by bid was quickly passed.

While the example Mike shared is pretty bad, some are pretty good. It was quite an eye opener. I learned that you have to know what they heck you are doing if you are looking at vintage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts