WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted in the "in the mail" thread already but I figured I'd pass it along just in case some don't travel outside the G-shock section. (..I know I didn't for a long time.)

I was going to buy a new G-shock MT-G but any time I brought up words "fancy" and "G-shock" people turned up their nose like a cartoon character. My dog even started sneezing. After months of hem-hawing about it I decided to split the difference and get a separate Dress watch and another cheaper G-shock.

I ended up getting a mudman GW9010-1.

I was surprised when it arrived at how small and disproportionate the band was compared to the larger circular bezel. It seems like the watch would have been slightly more liked if the band was a little wider. Still, it's a welcomed addition and I already enjoy reading the time on it, more than I do on my reverse display GD-100MS.

next on the list is a classic square, a frogman and a Rangeman. ...if they ever make a US King with a normal display with Atomic, I'll probably pee myself with joy. :0) I love the G-shocks.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
this is the best of all the mudmans out there / where did you get it from ?

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
G-fob,

I know you are up there in the Great White North. But JC Penny's Dept stores seem to have the GW-9010 in all their displays and can't sell them. Check their website. My local store has had one for over 6 months in the case and no one has bought it.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazon is a very good Capitalist. :0) I order everything from TP to PC parts from Amazon and I've noticed not only do the prices increase within days or minutes of browsing through them but if I leave something in the Cart or wishlist for too long the price almost always goes up. I can't say I blame them but being on the loosing end of a deal is never exciting, lol.

I'm very happy with the new Mudman and my price was probably unbeatable. *cheesy-grin

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
thanks Roc, I knew it's there but the price was always like 129/139 somethings when I got there, and with the presence of the wifey, making the purchase impossible

and i thought no-one likes this mudman any more - but - online, the price is rocket high as it is mark as "rare" and "discontinued model" LOLz - and rarely see someone clean it out of his "collection" LOLz

·
Registered
862 Posts
Great-looking watch. Definitely an all-time favorite of mine. I took this picture today to highlight how much different and better the negative displays have become just after a few years. The GW002BJ was produced in 2006 and the GW9010 just a couple of years later, in 2008 or 2009. I've noticed that in dim light I'm still able to see the GW9010 display fairly easily. In dim light, with the GW002, I can't see it without lighting it up. Love 'em both though.

IMG_1064.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there, a very nice G! still considering if i should get this mudman as well.. haha.. (already got 2 g9000 mudman) hmmmm..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts