WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I won’t get into what defines a “grail” as it has been discussed extensively on WUS but I’m just super excited to finally add this rare mint (full set) S23611j1 (7C46-0AB0) to the collection! Less than around 50 made this elusive Golden Tuna was the first ever to have an (AR coated) sapphire crystal. You can really see the difference with the sapphire crystal, just beautiful, and really adds to the dimensions of the dial.
Not to much information available on these rare tunas other than at one point it was exclusive to Taiwan market only. If any one else has any additional info please do share! Thanks in advance!

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver
Watch Analog watch Gesture Finger Clock
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Everyday carry

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Congrats! I thought it was limited to Taiwan, not Thailand, I'll have to research this one again.

·
Registered
10,699 Posts
This is an outstanding piece - congratulations - I love it and esp good on that olive green rubber
Surprised by the 'only 50 made' - is that only 50 of these with the AR coated sapphire crystal sent to Taiwan? Not come across this - fabulous

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is an outstanding piece - congratulations - I love it and esp good on that olive green rubber
Surprised by the 'only 50 made' - is that only 50 of these with the AR coated sapphire crystal sent to Taiwan? Not come across this - fabulous
Thanks Simon, much appreciated! The Olive Drab rubber strap is super comfortable.
So from what I understand they were only produced in a small release for the Taiwan market, as the first and only Tuna at the time to have the sapphire crystal, which is what’s inscribed on the back case. There just isn’t really much history on them and who they were exactly distributed to is the big mystery… almost like a prototype.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts