WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 sheets of corrugated white plastic (like the kind used to prevent mailed photos/prints from being bent) taped together, and two 250 watt tungsten work lamps (gonna get a third for backlighting)...

(note: the light box shots were auto point and shoot, so they look dark)

...and an old Olympus C4000 4 megapixel white balanced to tungsten for these shots (for examples):

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Man, from your pictures this lightbox must be working wonders for you. I gotta try it one of these days, too...:think:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Very nice AT, saw the shots in the Chinese subforum and had been wondering what your setup was! Looks good, interesting version of the lightbox!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, and my many thanks for your comments!

I'll be setting aside some $$$ for one of the collapsible light boxes now that I've used this setup for a while. It works decently but it actually cuts too much light to get the results I'd really like...so that's in the future.

But, still, it does work for me, diffuses the beams and solves a lot of hot-spot problems--and the work lights are adequate, certainly, for my purposes.

Just like the way I collect watches: I'm on a budget, so I'm trying to be creative with what's available to me--and, again, all your kind words are greatly appreciated! :):-!:):-!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'll be setting aside some $$$ for one of the collapsible light boxes now that I've used this setup for a while. It works decently but it actually cuts too much light to get the results I'd really like...so that's in the future.
I'm satisfied with this collapsible one from DX, not too expensive:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5224

The background cloths suck though, but other than that it works wonder for objects like watches. Just the right size.

It's quite an upgrade from my previous one:

And that was already an upgrade from juryrigged solutions like...

and...

:roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts