WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my streak of luck on Ebay hasn't ended yet. I got this one in the mail a couple days ago and just finished working on it. It is a 17j Hamilton in white gold plate and its either a Gary or Thinline model, I don't know which. It was described as "ladies" and not working plus its glass was badly cracked. Upon receipt I was pleased to find it was running strong and was white gold plated and not yellow as it appeared in the pictures. I ditched the cracked glass and ordered a new one, however in my haste I got the wrong one. The size was good but it had diamond beveling on the inside. Its not original but its a mistake I don't mind and actually think it matches nicely. I swapped out the old dirty expansion band for a semi-expandable band for now. I initially planned on flipping this one but it is growing on me so it may be a keeper. Here are the finished pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I agree - the crystal suits it very nicely. Congrats.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi
This is a ladies watch?

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Haha no it is a mens. it is either a Thinline or Gary model. It was listed as a womens watch by mistake or ignorance, which was why nobody else bid. Lucky me
Thanks
Gotcha
Cool
A

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
Gotcha
Cool
A
Yeah I've had quite the streak of mislabeled watch scores the last two weeks. An auction for the same model just ended for about $150 on ebay, ironically the seller was about 5 miles from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts