WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

A purchase I've been working on for years. After missing a new old stock Certina DS2 Super PH 1000m in 2014, I had the chance to acquire a legendary diver, the famous 1970 Certina DS2 Super PH 1000m new old stock today at a reasonable price. It's a massive 18 mm thick diver's watch, rarer than a Seadweller, a Plo Prof, a Seamaster 1000m or a Carribean, it's a watch that had a top quality caliber the 25-651, a rotor mounted on ruby more qualitative than the Omega 1000 caliber and just as qualitative as the 1570 from Rolex if not more. Pictures of the seller. It will be mounted on a period correct black tropic strap with Certina buckle. The last purchase for this year most probably.

Have a nice weekend

Best regards

Georges

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a find. It will look great on a tropic strap. Be sure to post a picture.
Yes, it will be mandatorily on a tropic black strap with a certina buckle

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,054 Posts
So when do you break ground for the Georges Zaslavsky Museum of Important Wristwatches? It would be great to see all your spectacular examples in one place! This Certina is a lovely addition. I know that you know how great the vintage Certina pieces are. Here's hoping the rest of the crowd doesn't learn about them!

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Awesome find but maybe for those with only short-sleeved shirts in their closet.

Also, I see a Nuclear Radiation Detector in your pic. What are you doing over there?!

Reactions: georges zaslavsky

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
That is a long time admiration of mine. I owned the reissue of that watch once, but definitely not the same as the original vintage model. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Congratulations on your latest acquisition Georges. It certainly is an interesting timepiece from Certina's past. Looking forward to seeing your pic with a period correct black tropic strap.

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts