WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

It doesn't look like anyone has posted a Nesbits service story lately, so I thought I'd start one up. Huge success! The end...no, just kidding.

The story is quick though. I purchased a 2500 equipped PO last year and since it was losing 20+ spd, with unknown service history, I decided to send it for an overhaul. After searching high and low (striking out with my favorite Canadian) and reading too many hit or miss tales of the East Coast Omega center, Nesbits kept coming up aces. After speaking with Jan I sent it to them about 5 or 6 weeks ago. They reported back after a week, and we agreed to get started. I just received it back today and am extremely happy with the outcome. It looks new and from the report, is keeping time within a few seconds a day.

All that makes me another in the long line of satisfied Nesbit fanboys!

No flash:
Watch Hand Analog watch Fashion Clock

Flash:
Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Clock

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I’ve heard nothing but great things about Nesbit’s, which is very comforting and encouraging as I am a big Omega fan and they are local to me. Shouldn’t need to service a watch for a few more years (fingers crossed), but it’s nice to know I have a solid company right next door that can take care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thank you for your post.

What was the cause of the timekeeping issue?

Also would you mind disclosing what they charged and and what they did?

I have a 2255.80 that is now out of COSC timekeeping and may want to get a service done.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for your post.

What was the cause of the timekeeping issue?

Also would you mind disclosing what they charged and and what they did?

I have a 2255.80 that is now out of COSC timekeeping and may want to get a service done.
I think the watch had never been serviced before and was just dry. They didn't say if anything was particularly wrong with it, but they did send a couple of very small parts back (gears). In any event, when I received it, it was far out of COSC timekeeping. It was losing 20 - 30 seconds a day, so I made the assumption it was in need of a standard servicing.

The cost was $600 and they did a factory disassembly, cleaning, lubricating and replacement of worn parts and seals. I asked for and received light polishing of the case and bracelet as well.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Ok thank you!

I think the watch had never been serviced before and was just dry. They didn't say if anything was particularly wrong with it, but they did send a couple of very small parts back (gears). In any event, when I received it, it was far out of COSC timekeeping. It was losing 20 - 30 seconds a day, so I made the assumption it was in need of a standard servicing.

The cost was $600 and they did a factory disassembly, cleaning, lubricating and replacement of worn parts and seals. I asked for and received light polishing of the case and bracelet as well.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Thanks for sharing the experience. So far, I've used Omega's service at the boutique and had them send mine off. Maybe the next go round I'll give Nesbits a try - similar pricing, it seems, but might take less time since mine were out for almost 3 months. Enjoy the refreshed 2500 PO!!

Reactions: cybercat and duc

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Looks amazing. The good reports of the 2500 movement post Omega remedy have me sorely tempted to pick a 1st gen PO up.

Reactions: cybercat and duc

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Nesbit does a great job, have been doing so for a long time. Glad your PO 2500 is back. Vance.

Reactions: duc
1 - 20 of 25 Posts