WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered another watch, and it's another Casio G-Shock. This time though it's a ana/digi one, but still atomic and solar. It's the GW1500A and at a price i couldn't refuse... apparently. o|

I know Tragic, I know. I'm seriously not trying to become a "G-Shock Freak" like you said, but I just like some of these designs. Dare I mention that there's at least two more I still want to get eventually?! :-x

Anyway, here's a pic of it from Casio's site...

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Agreed. I went from 0 to 3 in a 3 week period, I also have my eye on that model but in blue/blue resin. I saw this model in person, the dial is pretty cool and it is probably smaller than the gw-330. Hope you like it!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Uh-oh, you might just have the fever! :-d

That's the G-Shock that I have, built like a tank but comfortable on the wrist. I can say that it'll pretty much take anything you throw at it! :-!

Congrats!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah. The same thing happened to me. I didn't even really like the way they looked and then, all of a sudden, I loved 'em! What happened there? Needless to say, within days, I bought a similar one to yours - AWG101. It's fantastic!!

·
5,111 Posts
Hmmm... I recognize a pattern here. :-d

I've got the blue version of the GW-1500. I actually prefer the one you're getting but I couldn't resist the price on the blue when I got mine. What's really cool about it is that the analog dial is linked to the atomic function. That's not always the case on atomic a/d's. Anyhow, set the hands incorrectly and then enjoy the show as they catch up to the correct time when the watch syncs with the atomic signal. :-!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can happen just that fast :-d.
It sure can, and DID! :-d

Agreed. I went from 0 to 3 in a 3 week period, I also have my eye on that model but in blue/blue resin. I saw this model in person, the dial is pretty cool and it is probably smaller than the gw-330. Hope you like it!
I'm going from 0 to 2 in less than a week! I think I have issues. :think: LOL I sure hope the GW1500 isn't any smaller than my GW330. If it's as big as the GW330, that's fine, but larger would be better. According to Casio's site, the GW330 is 57.4 x 44.5 and the GW1500 is 56.2 x 47.5, so we'll see.

Uh-oh, you might just have the fever! :-d

That's the G-Shock that I have, built like a tank but comfortable on the wrist. I can say that it'll pretty much take anything you throw at it! :-!

Congrats!

Cheers,
Griff
Thanks Zippo! I'm looking forward to getting it in the mail.

Yeah. The same thing happened to me. I didn't even really like the way they looked and then, all of a sudden, I loved 'em! What happened there? Needless to say, within days, I bought a similar one to yours - AWG101. It's fantastic!!
To be honest, I never cared for the G-Shock's either at first, but since being on this forum and taking some time to actually "look" at them, I now really like them, obviously. ;-)

Hmmm... I recognize a pattern here. :-d

What's really cool about it is that the analog dial is linked to the atomic function. That's not always the case on atomic a/d's. Anyhow, set the hands incorrectly and then enjoy the show as they catch up to the correct time when the watch syncs with the atomic signal. :-!
That was one of the features I liked about this watch. I'll have to try out that little trick you mentioned. :)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Huh, well that settles it. I didn't know this model would coordinate the atomic/digital time with the analog time. I had heard that some models were really a pain to set because this didn't occur, but if you all are sure this happens, I'll have one in the mail tomorrow!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Huh, well that settles it. I didn't know this model would coordinate the atomic/digital time with the analog time. I had heard that some models were really a pain to set because this didn't occur, but if you all are sure this happens, I'll have one in the mail tomorrow!
The non atomic ani/digis are a pain to set, but once you have your home city set they hands will automaticaly set themselves. Also they will adjust for DST as long as the DST is set to auto. Kind of fun to watch as they set :-d.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Humm.... buy this or save a week or two and get either a new Mako or Monster.... it's actually tougher to pick now that I have money than when I didn't aaahHH!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I really like the idea of the hands setting themselves by the atomic clock
Does anyone know if the AWG101 does this also?
Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
I really like the idea of the hands setting themselves by the atomic clock
Does anyone know if the AWG101 does this also?
Thanks
I have the AWG101 and the hands do not reset themselves. I just tried a little experiment by offsetting the hands quite a bit and then set it to receive the atomic signal. The goods news is twofold, it's so accurate that you really shouldn't be off by enough to HAVE to reset the hands and it's really easy to reset the hands if you do need to.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I have the AWG101 and the hands do not reset themselves. I just tried a little experiment by offsetting the hands quite a bit and then set it to receive the atomic signal. The goods news is twofold, it's so accurate that you really shouldn't be off by enough to HAVE to reset the hands and it's really easy to reset the hands if you do need to.
They don't? My GW-1500 hands set automaticaly for DST and when I first got it and set my home city the hands rotated and set themselves. If yours doesn't that is kind of suprising :think:.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I must be doing something wrong because when I receive the atomic clock settings, it is dead-on on the seconds but the hands didn't move. I did go back into the manual and it indicates that it's supposed to reset the hands, too. Hmmm...:think:

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Maybe try to set a different home city and see if the hands move. If they do reset it back to your home city and if the hands adjust you should be okay.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah. That works fine.

I just thought that the hands would reset themselves after I synch it with the atomic clock. They aren't doing that.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Aahhh, okay. I think I probably misunderstood you. The hands won't completely rotate after it synchs up to the atomic clock. The hands only move at 20 second intervals and G-Shocks usually run +/- 5 seconds a day, and since the atomic ones recieve a signal once a day the change won't be noticable on the hands.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Aahhh, okay. I think I probably misunderstood you. The hands won't completely rotate after it synchs up to the atomic clock. The hands only move at 20 second intervals and G-Shocks usually run +/- 5 seconds a day, and since the atomic ones recieve a signal once a day the change won't be noticable on the hands.
Bingo!!!

BTW, it's a great watch and it only set me back about $100. Nice watch for the $.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts