WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After coming across the 2017 model in the shops and not getting too far with discounts from ADs, I turned to the second hand market and eBay. After losing out on the first one, I got my hands on a slightly older model in good condition, thanks to some sub-par photos on the eBay listing!

So far I love it. It's a chunky watch but in a good way, the dial printing quality is the standout for me along with the bracelet - I just love the contrast between the centre/outer links!

Anyway, who cares about the story? Here's some photos.
ohb4Zvl.jpg
GcHqP71.jpg
6.75" wrist, 4 year old border collie

·
Registered
188 Posts
After coming across the 2017 model in the shops and not getting too far with discounts from ADs, I turned to the second hand market and eBay. After losing out on the first one, I got my hands on a slightly older model in good condition, thanks to some sub-par photos on the eBay listing!

So far I love it. It's a chunky watch but in a good way, the dial printing quality is the standout for me along with the bracelet - I just love the contrast between the centre/outer links!

Anyway, who cares about the story? Here's some photos.
View attachment 11664938
View attachment 11664946
6.75" wrist, 4 year old border collie
Thanks for the info. I was really wondering what kind of dog he/she was

Paycheque Killers: Seiko 'BFK' SKA369/Seiko 'Tuna Monster' SRP637/Seiko 'Flightmaster' SNA411/Tissot PRS516/ORIS Aquis (Green/Grey)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Warm welcome! You've made right decision, Oris is one of the best watch companies with a proud history and Aquis is (to my opinion) is the best of Oris watches! ;-)

Now, try to get a rubber band (I have an original black rubber band and ordered a blue rubber band few weeks ago)! That is also amazing thing!

·
Registered
170 Posts
very nice! very cute dog as well.. look at those big ol doggy eyes :)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Great choice. It looks great on your wrist. Congrats on your Aquis!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to Aquis land. Sorry to hear that you didn't have a deal of luck with ADs.
Yeah it was a shame, but I didn't really "click" with any of the salespeople so that + the saving through buying s/h means I'm already over it!

To be completely candid: List price £1,300; most ADs were willing to drop to £1,200 and one committed to £1,170 over the phone; but I got this for £730 including box, papers, receipt, spare links etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Warm welcome! You've made right decision, Oris is one of the best watch companies with a proud history and Aquis is (to my opinion) is the best of Oris watches! ;-)

Now, try to get a rubber band (I have an original black rubber band and ordered a blue rubber band few weeks ago)! That is also amazing thing!
Im tempted to buy the blue rubber. Please post a pic when you get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Low maintenance Oris....high maintenance pooch!!
Oh man, he is the neediest little bastard. The reason it's on his head is that's the furthest I could get my hand away from him before he demanded more scratches! Thankfully his brother is more chilled out

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Classic watch. You cannot go wrong. Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts