WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Just can't stop myself lately. O|
You people are a bad influence on me.
That's for sure! I can't stop either :roll:
I have 2 Vostoks and a Citizen coming and I haven't figured
out a way to break it to my woman. :oops:
Your new watch looks great though :-!

Anyway...here's my SS18 with a new Maratac Mil one-piece strap:

Have a good day! Dave

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's for sure! I can't stop either :roll:
I have 2 Vostoks and a Citizen coming and I haven't figured
out a way to break it to my woman. :oops:
Your new watch looks great though :-!

Anyway...here's my SS18 with a new Maratac Mil one-piece strap:

Have a good day! Dave

I wish you lot would'nt keep showing me Watches, I already have about 8 Russians. Now I'm reminded that I want a couple of Vostok's.:thanks

At least I have no one to explain to.:-D

Ken.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Same here. I have a new Amphibia on the way (only $61 shipped, though).

Tell your woman you have f. ex. ordered some CDs or DVDs on internet. Since they suddenly are "sold out", and you have "saved money", it is easier to explain that the extra cost for the watch is very little, since you have "saved" money in the first place...

Worked for me....;-) :-D

Congratulations on the new watches, btw!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Same here. I have a new Amphibia on the way (only $61 shipped, though).

Tell your woman you have f. ex. ordered some CDs or DVDs on internet. Since they suddenly are "sold out", and you have "saved money", it is easier to explain that the extra cost for the watch is very little, since you have "saved" money in the first place...

Worked for me....;-) :-D
Devious :-D :-D :-D :think:
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I saved on the trouble and ditched the girl instead B-) may not work for you though haha.
:-D Ha! I may be a watch nut, but I'd rather sell off a few in my collection than ditch my girl ;-) ..........I think.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Great price for Watch, however rip off postage cost of £25.:rodekaart
37 Euro of shipping is a typical "trick" of that seller :-| Anyway, the total cost is still good. I like very much that watch. |>

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
37 Euro of shipping is a typical "trick" of that seller :-| Anyway, the total cost is still good. I like very much that watch. |>

The strange thing is, for everywhere else in the World the postal cost was cheaper. Only £20 to the USA, which is much further away from Germany than the UK. For everywhere else in Europe £15. A Watch I had from him a couple of weeks ago, cost only $15 (£7.60 approx) postage! So I think he charges what he feels like at the time of listing a Watch, and has nothing to do with the actual cost.

In the past, I have sent a couple of Watches to the USA for about £12 fully insured.

I really hate sellers who make big profits out of postal charges. If it had not been for the fact that this Watch was going for such a low price, I would'nt have placed a bid on it. I will indicate my displeasure when I leave feedback for the seller on Ebay. I would leave him negative feedback, but he is one of the many sellers who does not leave you feedback when you have paid him, but waits until you leave him feedback first. So it is a kind of blackmail, because if you leave him negative feedback, you can be pretty sure he will do the same to you! This way of course sellers can insure that they keep their percentage of positive feedback much higher than it really ought to be.

End of moan. :-D

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My new Poljot arrived today.

I must say, this Watch is a little smaller than I expected. Dial measures a mere 30mm, and case about 38mm without the Crown. Still not a bad catch for £52 I suppose.

What I do find hard to swallow though, is the £25 postage cost. This Watch arrived in the normal mail, no signature required, so no insurance. And that is with £10 insurance which was supposed to be inluded with posage cost. Actual postage cost 6.55 Euro.<|

So postal cost is OUTRAGEOUS.

Almost forgot. Watch is supposed to be limited edition of 250 pieces. Mine is number 961 of 999.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My new Poljot arrived today.
....So postal cost is OUTRAGEOUS.
Almost forgot. Watch is supposed to be limited edition of 250 pieces. Mine is number 961 of 999.
Can you say where you bought it? or do you have to post that in the "bum dealers" forum? It's a fantastic looking watch though, that's one consolation.
It seems there were a few misrepresentations on the dealer's part. The guy should give you some money back because of the "limited edition" thing.
Great watch though :-! Dave

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

I think you now know why some people aren't too fond of the seller. I've had no problems with him - bought a Poljot Journey in red gold from him - but there certainly are plenty of others who have. And that misrepresentation about the limited edition is also not unknown...

Just adjust to the total price and be happy with the watch: and never buy from him again...

JohnF

PS: nice watch! :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi -

I think you now know why some people aren't too fond of the seller. I've had no problems with him - bought a Poljot Journey in red gold from him - but there certainly are plenty of others who have. And that misrepresentation about the limited edition is also not unknown...

Just adjust to the total price and be happy with the watch: and never buy from him again...

JohnF

PS: nice watch! :)

Bought my Poljot Journey from him too. Postal cost of that was aroud 10 Euro's, so can't really understand his postage cost policy. It makes no sense at all, when the Poljot Journey was a more expensive Watch.:think:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts