WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who own G-7500 / GL-7500 / G-7510 watches have probably already figured this one out, but I thought I'd post it for others like me for whom having the current time displayed in stopwatch mode is a big deal. That's one that's been discussed here on many occasions and isn't on nearly as many Shocks as you'd expect.

If you look at the 2941 and 2943 modules which come in the different variations of these watches, you will see that they don't display current time in stopwatch mode. However...

The current time is displayed in the countdown timer mode, and what the watches will do is switch over to elapsed time after the countdown timer reaches zero, which means the current time is then displayed along with the elapsed time. As a bonus, that elapsed time mode will measure up to 100 hours.

I've attached a picture of what the display looks like with current time in the top part, elapsed in the bottom. Note that it is in the TMR mode, and the elapsed time is 39 hours, 2 minutes, and 32 seconds. There is a flashing colon between the hours and minutes, and it doesn't show in this picture.

So, all you have to do is set the countdown timer to the minimum time possible - 1 min - and you can use it like you would a watch that has the dual current time STW display. That one-minute delay might seem a little cumbersome, but for the vast majority of situations I think it'll work great.

In fact, in some cases, it might even be superior to the normal stopwatch display. For example, if I was going out running and doing the usual 5 minute walking warm-up first, I could set the countdown timer for 5 minutes, start it, walk out the door, start running when the alarm goes off, and have elapsed time just like with a stopwatch (minus the 1/100 sec, which I'd guess most of us don't need :)).

The ideal thing, of course, would be for it to have the current time in the STW display, but being able to do this adds the missing feature to a watch that has a lot of other good stuff already.

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: Another option if you want simultaneous display of current and elapsed time - G/GL-75x

cool hack! thx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts