Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on a local sales site:

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I'm going to say no based on several tiny details of the case.

Also, the portion of the serial number I can make out matches the serial number found on many fakes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've contacted the seller.. he admitted that the case is an after market case but claims that movement, dial, bezel, etc.. are all genuine...
I'm gonna skip this one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, could you take the chance and educate me (and the rest of us) how did you spot the fake case beside the serial number?

I'm looking at the regular signs: happy feet, pearl, He placement, etc.. - everything looks good. In fact - If it wasn't for the low asking price, I wouldn't even think to post here. I thought I knew how to spot a fake PO...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I can't spot the difference. I looked at online photos, and my 8500 PO and can't see it. What am I missing here?

EDIT: checking again with my own 8500 PO, I can definitely see a bigger gap after the end links in the pic than on my genuine, however I've seen pics online of genuine POs and some do have a gap similar to the one I see here.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Their not machined precisely like the real thing.

As for the case, I see mistakes on the contours of the sides and the lugs. The relief for the HE valve is wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts