WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as i love my new yellow rasta polygon, the reverse display did seem a mite more difficult for me to read. So I went a hunting for the basic model with a clear display.

I saw a few gold ones but damn, it seemed that the regular 1VDR are rarer than a Frogman. But lo and behold, at a shop in Jurong Point, I finally saw one and holy cow, I must say this is one hell of an underated model. I couldn't get it for lower than SG$75 but I bought it anyway because I SWEAR, this model with the brushed aluminium lining on the crystal looks really good. I love the clear LCD to death, so much easier to read for old eyes like mine. Here are some modem burning pics:

Two Polygons side by side:

Thanks for looking and I now swear that this is my last purchase for the month, ha ha ha (didn't I say that yesterday???):-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I owned a regular model like that with a neg display but flipped it, had I had the regular display, I may still have it. Nice catches!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
That's my favourite, but I couldn't find one. :-(

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Yes, it's strange, I figured this model wouldn't be popular, didn't think it would be so hard to get one locally. Lexxorcist, there is only one listed on the bay, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/NEW-CASIO-THINNEST-POLYGON-G-SHOCK-G-056B-1-FULL-PAPER_W0QQitemZ150061808541QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
Cheers, that's quite tempting, but I ended up with a green and black reverse display one (which I got incredibly cheap). I'd much rather have this basic one, but funds won't allow anymore duplicates... at least for a while.

I did the same thing with the referee timer - saw a reverse display one cheap and thought 'ooh that looks cool' - then saw how much better the normal display one was, and bought that too.

Hopefully I'll be able to find one after Christmas when I have more funds. These polygons look and feel much better in person than in photos.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice find Gameboy, I still like the reverse polygon, it is not as bad as the reverse mudman.

I want the tough solar polygon in black, that would be the ultimate, but none available here.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ahh, the regular polygon, nice huh! I wear mine about twice a week, very comfy. Once you start wearing this to work, you will gravitate towards it every morning!!!

Congrats, Gameboy!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ah Ultraman, please give more pics of your gold reversed polygon, have been thinking of it.

Is your bezel also gold coloured or black?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good purchase GameBoytoGo !

I had the standard reverse model for ages but finally bought a positive one from a guy on ebay australia for $20. It's great.

So now I wear the negative at night and the positive during the day. It's a sharp face, to be sure.

:-!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread......

The bezel is matte gold tone, thank goodness for that.

The display is gold/yellow tone.....
Are you, by any chance, selling the gold one soon???? :-d

I quite like the gold one. The only one I've tried is the grey/black one with negative display. I had a tough time reading it even under direct light in the store.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Are you, by any chance, selling the gold one soon???? :-d

I quite like the gold one. The only one I've tried is the grey/black one with negative display. I had a tough time reading it even under direct light in the store.
PM with info sent. Action asap. |>

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good purchase GameBoytoGo !

I had the standard reverse model for ages but finally bought a positive one from a guy on ebay australia for $20. It's great.

So now I wear the negative at night and the positive during the day. It's a sharp face, to be sure.

:-!
Ho ho, good idea to have negative for day and positive for night, if Casio came out with a Shock that could do that at a press of a button, it would be so cool, ya?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi GB2G,

Nice score. No G-Shock T-Shirt with it per chance? I like the normal display. It's much clearer than the negative version.

Cheers,

Sjors

Aw no, no t-shirt, I'm still waiting for mine for when I bought my Frogman. Has any Singapore member got theirs yet???

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice find Gameboy, I still like the reverse polygon, it is not as bad as the reverse mudman.

I want the tough solar polygon in black, that would be the ultimate, but none available here.
Oh yes, I am eyeing that too and saw a few on the Bay. Atomic solar versions unfortunately, might not be reaching our shores, sigh!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh, the regular polygon, nice huh! I wear mine about twice a week, very comfy. Once you start wearing this to work, you will gravitate towards it every morning!!!

Congrats, Gameboy!
Right you are Pat, this is the first model I wore direct from the shop to home. Never did that with my other G's - something about the shape, feel and comfort level - or is it the magical evil barring properties of the polygon shape - hmmm - think Casio had it Feng Shuied to make it so attractive?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts