WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the speedy moonphase is still in the Omega service center, now two months and counting. I had previously purchase an alligator and rubber strap for the PO. I miss the speedy and decided I needed to get another. I was lucky to pick up one with full box and papers from EBAY. It was missing some links from the bracelet but I have extra ones from the other so I took a chance and won the auction. Here are some quick picks of my new acquisition after a short cleaning and polish of the hesalite. Hopefully this will tide me over until I get the moonphase back.

All cleaned up

In front of the watch winder with the PO and Victorinox ChronoPro

glow from the superluminova. Never thought it would be this bright...

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
well congrats, I did the same thing when my smp was in for timing adjustment was going to take 9 weeks and so I bought a speedy pro

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will have to try to be careful in what my watch comes near, the hesalite scratches very easily. My moonphase has a saphire crystal so it is bit more scratch resistant. Still I am very happy to finally have the speedy, it is a classic. My fear is if it takes any longer I may starting purchasing straps for it as well. Lucky for me I still need to research what model OEM straps will fit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm starting to think this whole "you must service your mechanical watch" thing is a ploy to make us buy more watches!

No wonder they take so long.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm starting to think this whole "you must service your mechanical watch" thing is a ploy to make us buy more watches!

No wonder they take so long.
I know this is exactly how I feel right now. I got the PO right before putting the watch in for service. So they get you before and after ;-)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
hhhh me thinks the same lol damn i fell in their spiders web. ACW buy some polywatch from the bay and no need to worry about the scratches easily come out with that stuff. I had really deep scratches on a 60s seamaster and a bit of fine sandpaper and polywatch like new again. And yes buy some straps for that speedy some great hirsch straps out there

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hhhh me thinks the same lol damn i fell in their spiders web. ACW buy some polywatch from the bay and no need to worry about the scratches easily come out with that stuff. I had really deep scratches on a 60s seamaster and a bit of fine sandpaper and polywatch like new again. And yes buy some straps for that speedy some great hirsch straps out there
thank, I was think the same about polywatch. Since I did not have any and had a bunch of scratches, I used Meguir's plastic polish that is used to remove scratches and haze from headlights and it worked just as well. Most scratches are now gone. I also have other headlight polishes that I may try. Straps are tempting, I was thinking about a classic croc or alligator with omega deployment.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I used Meguir's plastic polish that is used to remove scratches and haze from headlights and it worked just as well.
LOL. I was wondering if Meguir's would work. I have some that I used for the plastic window on my convertable. I don't have any scratches on my new Speedy yet.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL. I was wondering if Meguir's would work. I have some that I used for the plastic window on my convertable. I don't have any scratches on my new Speedy yet.
That is what I had originally bought the polish for before it being advertised for headlights. I also used another brand called Novus which I think will work on the hesalite as well but have not tried it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts