WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, I'm not crazy then. I saw that too and wondered what was going on. I figured there was something special I did not know about the watch.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Our favourite lady seller in UK strikes again! Now that the bidders names are obscured, all we can tell is that 2 people have bid the price up from £20 to the £122 it is now. I wonder who the bidders are - I certainly wouldn't pay $240 plus mail costs for a Komandirskie Paratrooper - even a nice 3AKA3 example like this one. She's got a "1960's" Shturmanskie at £52.01 (I MUST get one of those early ones for my collection!:-d :-d ), and a horrible franken Gagarin for £12.50, going up. I haven't been watching her alter ego for some time; I wonder how much she paid for the watches originally?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
For some reason prices for Russian watches on ebay UK often go through the roof :think:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I haven't been watching her alter ego for some time; I wonder how much she paid for the watches originally?

I've just checked, and her other identity (Michele's bete noire when bidding) has made all feedback private, so you can't see what she's bought any more. Maybe she reads this forum!!

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Ok, I'm not crazy then. I saw that too and wondered what was going on. I figured there was something special I did not know about the watch.
That looks like a common Vostok. I have quite a few like that. I think he could have bought the same watch elsewhere for much less.:-s

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
If you have "quite a few" 3aka3 mo CCCP Vostok's in mint condition, you must have an amazing collection!
No, I have only one Vostok with " 3aka3 mo CCCP". I have about 25 Vostoks , and most were made in USSR. IIRC, I think I saw "3aka3...." Vostoks quite often on the flea-bay.:roll:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Those British are crazy! :-d

I LOVE Asterix and Obelix! :-d (although the Romans/Italians are not very appreciated in their cartoons :-x ).

Well, indeed the truth is that the British are crazy!
Some time ago i have sold a black 3AKA3 on Ebay UK. When i opened again the browser to see the ended auction, i was shocked seeing a final bid of 277 Euro for it!!!!!!!!!

Of course i was happy, but a similar price is absolutely fool, and considering that i'm more a collector quite than a seller, i was worried. Those prices are not good in order to keep the market of the Russian watches as one of the most affordables for the people.

Oh, and i have tried to contact Cobaltblue188 (aka "Getagrip1984" and "Olympiastation") because he/she was possibly a collector. No reply at all. He/she seems interested only in his sales, and unfortunately among them there are currently a fake Vostok/Poljot 3AKA3 alarm and a fake Ukrainian-style Sturmanskie. Both are going for incredible prices. :roll:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh, and i have tried to contact Cobaltblue188 (aka "Getagrip1984" and "Olympiastation") because he/she was possibly a collector. No reply at all. He/she seems interested only in his sales, and unfortunately among them there are currently a fake Vostok/Poljot 3AKA3 alarm and a fake Ukrainian-style Sturmanskie. Both are going for incredible prices. :roll:
Yes, the alarm looks fake, but are you sure the Sturmanskie is not legit? Oddly, the alarm has bids, but the Sturmanskie does not.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Now that the auction is over, you can see the winning bidder - apparently, from ITALY!!:-d :-d :-d ;-)
1) The auction is not over yet, and that's a silly newbie from another Italian forum who is still bidding on that watch, although i have warned him about that fake "Vostok 3AKA3 alarm" :-x
2) See this watch , http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160069427526, the auction ended at 235 Euro and the buyer is British.

So there is nothing to laugh, sorry :roll:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Scusi Michele, but there is something to laugh and that has nothing to do with nationality. It has to do with the "intelligence" of the buyers. On the other way, If that's going to continue, then how high can they go? I really won't like it. :-(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts