WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trusty Amphibia 060 started running very erratically in the last 6 months, gaining or losing several minutes per day depending on position. Thought it could be magnetised, but not.
Thought it could be the balance spring (more about that later)
But when gained 20-30 minutes overnight something was not wrong, but very wrong.
Managed to get one of the few seats available for Ryanair's flight to Odessa and so took my Komandirskie 34 with me and -just in case- my trusty sick 060.
Was given directions regarding a good watchmaker in Noviy Privoz (New Privoz) market but was told watchmaker only came on mondays and repairs took 15 days, no problem but I only stood for 2 days.
But walking along Pantaleymonskaya street I saw a sign from an alley "Ремонт часов" (watch repair).
Entered the alley, followed the signs, went to the basement, underground, and there was the Master, a very old skilled man that not only diagnosed the failure in minutes, but repaired it while I waited, having all parts in stockm took less than 10 minutes and included a complete balance bridge with hairspring (mine was knackered) and a new pallet anchor. told me to come back one day later as he regulated by eye (no timegrapher). Guess what? Needed no further regulation.
And cost? 440 Hryvnas, at 31.50 hryvna to 1 euro, and avoiding lost parcels in the post, I'm as happy as ever as my Amphibia has had a heart surgery operation,
Please note: The technician does NOT speak or understand English, just Russian and Ukrainian. I could only explain "my watch runs very fast, 30 minutes/day, not magnetised"
Don't know he might take orders by mail or post, thing iet's only presential repairs (someone dropping by and handing watches over)
He managed to change anchor not taking the whole movement apart (guess he could do it blindfolded as knows these calibers by heart)
Will post some pictures to help you locate him but cannot now due to bandwidth
It's in Pantaleymonskaya number 74, just under the number 74 plate.
If ever I manage to come back will for sure visit him and say Hello, hope he's still around
Best regards, sorry for such a long post
P.S. moderators, please move it where you could consider fits best

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was excited thinking this was Odessa TX, USA. I take it by your post that it is an Odessa in some other country.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My trusty Amphibia 060 started running very erratically in the last 6 months, gaining or losing several minutes per day depending on position. Thought it could be magnetised, but not.
Thought it could be the balance spring (more about that later)
But when gained 20-30 minutes overnight something was not wrong, but very wrong.
Managed to get one of the few seats available for Ryanair's flight to Odessa and so took my Komandirskie 34 with me and -just in case- my trusty sick 060.
Was given directions regarding a good watchmaker in Noviy Privoz (New Privoz) market but was told watchmaker only came on mondays and repairs took 15 days, no problem but I only stood for 2 days.
But walking along Pantaleymonskaya street I saw a sign from an alley "Ремонт часов" (watch repair).
Entered the alley, followed the signs, went to the basement, underground, and there was the Master, a very old skilled man that not only diagnosed the failure in minutes, but repaired it while I waited, having all parts in stockm took less than 10 minutes and included a complete balance bridge with hairspring (mine was knackered) and a new pallet anchor. told me to come back one day later as he regulated by eye (no timegrapher). Guess what? Needed no further regulation.
And cost? 440 Hryvnas, at 31.50 hryvna to 1 euro, and avoiding lost parcels in the post, I'm as happy as ever as my Amphibia has had a heart surgery operation,
Please note: The technician does NOT speak or understand English, just Russian and Ukrainian. I could only explain "my watch runs very fast, 30 minutes/day, not magnetised"
Don't know he might take orders by mail or post, thing iet's only presential repairs (someone dropping by and handing watches over)
He managed to change anchor not taking the whole movement apart (guess he could do it blindfolded as knows these calibers by heart)
Will post some pictures to help you locate him but cannot now due to bandwidth
It's in Pantaleymonskaya number 74, just under the number 74 plate.
If ever I manage to come back will for sure visit him and say Hello, hope he's still around
Best regards, sorry for such a long post
P.S. moderators, please move it where you could consider fits best
What a coincidence RFollia, I'm currently in Odessa on holiday! Did you find anywhere selling watches whilst you were out here? Or can anyone recommend anywhere to look?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a coincidence RFollia, I'm currently in Odessa on holiday! Did you find anywhere selling watches whilst you were out here? Or can anyone recommend anywhere to look?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
YEs, plenty of them, go to Starokonniy market, in Moldavanka district. Take tram number 5 near railway station (don't remember if it's pantaleymonskaya) or upper streets, direction "Avtovokzal" and drop off in Starokonny (ask for Starokonka). Staronkonka is official permanent market. Starokonniy is the market just on Sundays where in nearby streets around nearly everything is sold. Got a worn shabby but working Slava TV very worn for around 2 USD and regret not having bought a nice (maybe orion) celebrating 50 years of victory, destined to Kazakhstan (will regret it for sure).
Enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

How to tell you’re US American without telling you’re US American.

Btw also heard there is a London in some other country. :LOL:
That’s a true statement!
We actually have a London TX and a Paris TX here. My wife wants to go to Paris for some reason, I keep telling here we have been there and it’s just like all other small towns in Texas, she’s not amused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts