WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know (ad nauseum, probably), I tend toward the more unusual or uncommon vintage pieces, especially early digitals. I got lucky today with this Seiko O634-5019 from 1976. The world's first digital chronograph:
Seiko O624-5019 wrist.jpg
Seiko O634-5019.jpg
Complete with original box, instruction booklet, and guarantee booklet/proof-of-sales dating the original purchase to August 21, 1976. The watch is a little scratched, the buttons need cleaning, and the polarizer film has aged to a golden brown, but it works and keeps time. Nice chunky bit of 70's horological history for my collection.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gratz

Reactions: Popoki Nui

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
15,474 Posts
Another awesome find for you Sherry, congrats!!!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
real cool watch Sherry - love this hefty model and amazing to have all the 'bits' - probably the most attractive digital ever - out of curiousity is the inside of the bracelet and clasp anodised black ?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
A 38 year old digital in great working condition, that's special. I've seen the LCD screens start failing on calculators (bars missing) that aren't that old, obviously a testimony to Seiko build quality.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
real cool watch Sherry - love this hefty model and amazing to have all the 'bits' - probably the most attractive digital ever - out of curiousity is the inside of the bracelet and clasp anodised black ?
Yes it does, although it's more of a coating than true anodizing....

~Sherry.

Reactions: shameless
1 - 13 of 13 Posts