·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow WUS,

I have been another victim of WatchRetail.co.uk / WatchPart.co.uk / TWGC.com

To make long story short:
  • In late November 2013 I placed an order for Omega Speedmaster/Seamaster half link and A&F Bracelet Removal Tool. The payment was processed right away though order hasn't been confirmed (first telltale of dodgeness)
  • Two weeks of waiting, slew of emails exchanged - was told 'awaiting parts to arrive from Omega'
  • Cancelled order after ~three weeks of waiting with no ETA in sight
  • 13/12/2013 -'Alex' confirmed my cancellation and promised funds to be returned in a day or two
  • Today - more than two months after our last point of communications, about a dozen of emails later (never a reply), I'm still waiting for my refund.

To make things a little more difficult for me, I'm in Australia. I've wasted $$$ of international phone calls and listened to their voicemail countless times. They never pick up the phone. Left message too, but I guess it's a moot point.

I tried PayPal but since it's over 45 days since the day of transaction, they couldn't help. I finally contacted Citizens Advice in the UK last week who has been very cooperative and courteous, but unfortunately could not help me either because at the time of transaction I was outside of the UK - hence I'm not entitled for UK consumer rights in regards to online transaction.

My request to fellow WUS who have dealt (and scammed) by WatchRetail / WatchPart before is: how did you (if ever) managed to contact them or speak with its owner (David Radcliffe) to get your money back?

I've learnt a valuable lesson to conduct background research for online shops next time o| it's just that after 10+ years of shopping online from all over the world, I've never had a single bad experience. I've grown complacent and let my guards down.

Now I'm AU$80 lighter.. I just want to warn fellow WUSers to never deal with this company and its affiliates. Buyer beware! Avoid this company like a plague. Google 'watchretail.co.uk scam' and see what I mean. I certainly wasn't the first but hopefully the last.

Regards

PS. For those of you in the UK, are you able to find out if they're a real company? their contact is as per below. I've heard you can check with 'Companies House'? Thanks!

TWGC.com Limited
Unit 3C Spa Fields Industrial Estate
New Street
Slaithwaite
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
HD7 5BB
United Kingdom

Tel : +44 (0) 14 8484 1212
Fax: +44 (0) 87 0836 2307

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
When you don't know the trustworthiness of the seller, you pay by credit card. I think you have 2 months to reverse a credit card charge.

How did you pay? Did you transfer money from an account through PayPal? If you used a credit card, you can independently go to your credit card company for help.

Reactions: tony20009

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gary123,

Thanks for chiming in. I paid by CC via PayPal.

Indeed, this is my last resort. I've spoken with my CC company this morning who will investigate the case. Hopefully they can charge back onto my account.

I've deliberately waited on this because I want TWGC.com to be responsible for their actions - rather than pursuing it from my end / CC company.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow WUS,

I have been another victim of WatchRetail.co.uk / WatchPart.co.uk / TWGC.com

To make long story short:
  • In late November 2013 I placed an order for Omega Speedmaster/Seamaster half link and A&F Bracelet Removal Tool. The payment was processed right away though order hasn't been confirmed (first telltale of dodgeness)
  • Two weeks of waiting, slew of emails exchanged - was told 'awaiting parts to arrive from Omega'
  • Cancelled order after ~three weeks of waiting with no ETA in sight
  • 13/12/2013 -'Alex' confirmed my cancellation and promised funds to be returned in a day or two
  • Today - more than two months after our last point of communications, about a dozen of emails later (never a reply), I'm still waiting for my refund.

To make things a little more difficult for me, I'm in Australia. I've wasted $$$ of international phone calls and listened to their voicemail countless times. They never pick up the phone. Left message too, but I guess it's a moot point.

I tried PayPal but since it's over 45 days since the day of transaction, they couldn't help. I finally contacted Citizens Advice in the UK last week who has been very cooperative and courteous, but unfortunately could not help me either because at the time of transaction I was outside of the UK - hence I'm not entitled for UK consumer rights in regards to online transaction.

My request to fellow WUS who have dealt (and scammed) by WatchRetail / WatchPart before is: how did you (if ever) managed to contact them or speak with its owner (David Radcliffe) to get your money back?

I've learnt a valuable lesson to conduct background research for online shops next time o| it's just that after 10+ years of shopping online from all over the world, I've never had a single bad experience. I've grown complacent and let my guards down.

Now I'm AU$80 lighter.. I just want to warn fellow WUSers to never deal with this company and its affiliates. Buyer beware! Avoid this company like a plague. Google 'watchretail.co.uk scam' and see what I mean. I certainly wasn't the first but hopefully the last.

Regards

PS. For those of you in the UK, are you able to find out if they're a real company? their contact is as per below. I've heard you can check with 'Companies House'? Thanks!

TWGC.com Limited
Unit 3C Spa Fields Industrial Estate
New Street
Slaithwaite
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
HD7 5BB
United Kingdom

Tel : +44 (0) 14 8484 1212
Fax: +44 (0) 87 0836 2307
TWGC..WARNING..I have been waiting years for my order to arrive,,they wont print my testimonial on their website..Have you read them,they all look to be written by the same illiterate person..Bill Murray..says it all !.. and their is no one in the world called Allesandro Miorio..WHAT A JOKE.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I ordered Spring Bars from them 10 days ago. Ive emailed them with no reply. I contacted Paypal yesterday to get my money back. I know they only owe me less than £10.00 but its the principal,, If they cant or wont send your orders they should not be advertising in the first place.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
Gary123,

Thanks for chiming in. I paid by CC via PayPal.

Indeed, this is my last resort. I've spoken with my CC company this morning who will investigate the case. Hopefully they can charge back onto my account.

I've deliberately waited on this because I want TWGC.com to be responsible for their actions - rather than pursuing it from my end / CC company.

Cheers
You should reach out to PayPal too.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
If your Paypal acct is attached to your CC then I would tried to contact the CC company and plead your case to them. Bypass Paypal and have the CC investigate the situation.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I ordered Spring Bars from them 10 days ago. Ive emailed them with no reply. I contacted Paypal yesterday to get my money back. I know they only owe me less than £10.00 but its the principal,, If they cant or wont send your orders they should not be advertising in the first place.
Update on my situation.
I contacted Paypal yesterday to cancel my order and get my money back. Today i received 3 email from Paypal and Watchpart. Apparently today my order has been dispached. If this is true it seems that a complaint with Paypal and they miraculously get there acts together and post your order. My complaint will stay with Paypal until i receive my order and only then will i close this dispute.
Note to self---Dont bother ordering from Watchpart EVER again.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Update on my situation.
I contacted Paypal yesterday to cancel my order and get my money back. Today i received 3 email from Paypal and Watchpart. Apparently today my order has been dispached. If this is true it seems that a complaint with Paypal and they miraculously get there acts together and post your order. My complaint will stay with Paypal until i receive my order and only then will i close this dispute.
Note to self---Dont bother ordering from Watchpart EVER again.
Update.
My order finally arrived and ive ended the Paypal dispute. It took over 2 weeks to receive my order and it should of been a matter of days. Maybe opening a Paypal dispute promted the seller to get around to sending my items,,,,, who knows. But what i will say is the Rolex style spring bars i received are very good quality.

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi All

What a timely reply this is.. I was going to share the good news that my credit card company has settled the dispute with TWGC's merchant bank and refunded the AU$80 I've parted since November 2013 :-d

Chris, you must be one lucky B to have received your item! Well done on pressuring them through PayPal, I reckon that does the job.

However, I would still insist for fellow WUS not to do any business with TWGC. There are simply too many other honest, hardworking businesses out there. I've used both ofrei and cousinsuk and can vouch for their professionalism.

Until then, stay safe and keep it fully wound! b-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a retailer and ordered some Omega bracelet ends from watchpart.co.uk. We have never received our items and have never had any contact either by phone or email from them. The phone just rings out so we gave up. Unfortunately, we paid with a debit card and therefore we aren't protected. I also contacted trading standards and they have done nothing to help. These people should be closed down and I think we will stick to cousinsuk in future. Actually, I contacted cousins about their high postal charges and the MD replied and he lowered the charge. What a top man! Now thats service!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts