WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new watch for my wife. She currently has a Citizen Corso that has taken a beating. It is getting all scratched up. She wants something that has a day/date, stainless, round face. No diamonds, jewels or mother of pearl faces. The only two watches I have found that seem to fit that bill is the Corso and a Seiko SXA133. Is there anything else out there in the under 1000 range? She would like to stick with either quartz or solar power. Not looking for a dive or chrono watch either.

Corso

Watch Detail | Citizen Watch

Seiko

Seiko SXA133 Ladies Watch Stainless Steel Dress Silver Dial Quartz

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry I can't help, my wife is not into watches so I never look at women's watches. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
It is unfortunate that the Citizen Corso for women (above) doesn't come with a sapphire crystal, as many of the men's ones now do.

The Seiko SXA097P1 does have a sapphire crystal, which should keep it from getting scratched up (the rest can be polished out).
312ODG4lq3L.jpg

Since all of our suggestions are well under your budget, you could also buy her a dress watch. I can highly recommend CW's women's watches (my wife loves hers): http://www.christopherward-usa.com/women/view-all.html

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The day window complication is a "no" for me as it makes the dial (already small on a lady watch) very busy. But if she insist on a day complication, you could try some Orient models:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Take a look into Hamilton, Tissot, or Mido. You might be able to find something to suit her requirements.

·
Registered
783 Posts
My wife is the queen of the disposable fashion watch. Where it for a season and shove it in a drawer somewhere. In fact, save yourself some money and drop by....

Seriously, I like the Mido unsub073 just posted but maybe its only because its something I would wear.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
My wife wears a Rado Diastar. It has the day-date you are looking for (and it actually avoid butchering the aesthetics which is a rarity), unique style, it does however have diamond markers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts