WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promise I'll run out of questions on this topic. I just called Casio Parts and ordered a set of DW5600EB strap adapters to put a Zulu strap on my DW5600E. (Unfortunately, they are back-ordered a couple of weeks, but I can wait.) My question now is will the DW5600E head, with the Casio adapters, fit a five-ring Zulu strap or am I forced to use a three-ring. My concern is whether the head with adapters will fit between the two sets of metal rings on the five-ring. I noticed one of the manufacturers who make the aftermarket adapters stated that their's will not fit a five-ring. I was just curious if this is the same situation with the Casio parts. I would prefer to use a five-ring to make sure the watch head did not move on the strap, or should I even be concerned about that. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
That depends on the strap - some pics to illustrate:

Didn't look like it would work but still wrapped around the wrist nicely.
And another one on a Zulu and Nato:

It does work but I advise on installing the strap with the buckle on the other side than normal - this way the extra rings will slightly tilt the watch towards the inner side of the wrist - makes it easier to read.

So - to my experience it does work.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Straps used:
black: DiverTec Zulu
green: Maratac
grey: Zulu from watchobsession - UK-based ebay seller (and I think a sponsor of WUS)
standard "Bond"-Nato
orange striped Nato on the PAW-500

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:-! Thanks Sedi!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
You're welcome! I think it should work even better with a DW-5600 as it's slightly smaller than the DW-6900 - at least I think the lug-to-lug distance is a little less - but I'm not really sure. A DW-5600 on adapters doesn't work for me as my wrists are too wide and the adapters make the watch float above my wrist. On the 6900 it works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sedi,

Thanks for putting up the pics! They helped me a lot too. Could I find out what width the Maratac strap is? Broadarrow.net says that the 24mm may have enough space for G-shocks, but they don't actually give a length to measure against. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Sedi,

Thanks for putting up the pics! They helped me a lot too. Could I find out what width the Maratac strap is? Broadarrow.net says that the 24mm may have enough space for G-shocks, but they don't actually give a length to measure against. Thanks!
on the adapters that go on the 5600, 24mm will fit.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It´s astrap from a G-Shock, mostly found on 90s models like for example the 9500 and some DW-003 variants, if i see that corrctly.
Looks like 2 strap keepers to cover the faux leather parts at the ends where the strap connects to the watch and some rings from Nato straps as strap keepers and for looks and an added Silva Clip on, right?

·
Registered
257 Posts
It´s astrap from a G-Shock, mostly found on 90s models like for example the 9500 and some DW-003 variants, if i see that corrctly.
Looks like 2 strap keepers to cover the faux leather parts at the ends where the strap connects to the watch and some rings from Nato straps as strap keepers and for looks and an added Silva Clip on, right?
all you see is exactly right :)
eh.. pretty hardcore if you ask me

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It´s looking good, i just wanted to add some info in case anybody wanted to steal your ideas. ;-)
Do you have a source for those straps or did you use one from a used watch?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It´s looking good, i just wanted to add some info in case anybody wanted to steal your ideas. ;-)
Do you have a source for those straps or did you use one from a used watch?
:whistles:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Thank you for doing the eBay search for me... Should look internationally more often (or maybe not, because of my bank account) ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts