WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started having issues with my Ambit pairing fine but failing to connect to my Garmin GSC10 bike pod during activities. At 'start' the HR strap is found almost instantly but the bike pod isn't found at all. Anyone else having these issues at all?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but it connects to my Edge 810 every time without issue, I should have mentioned that I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've started having issues with my Ambit pairing fine but failing to connect to my Garmin GSC10 bike pod during activities. At 'start' the HR strap is found almost instantly but the bike pod isn't found at all. Anyone else having these issues at all?
Have you pairing for the first bike pod 1, or 2 or 3???
First time you pairing you have firts pairing bike pod, and after all other sensor

·
Registered
215 Posts
almost same thing here…

I'm owning 2 Garmin GSC 10 and 1 o-synce Speed/Cadence Sensor and several road bikes…:)
The connection to Garmin Hardware is ok with all 3 of them.
But since FW 2.5.6 on Ambit1 it's hard to pair these pods, it needs up to 3-4 attempts to pair one of these.

But searching during Training mode they were found instantly. The only issue i have, are very unstable connection in Training Mode.
I narrowed it down the other day, setting up a profile without using GPS, only using a Bike Pod with Autopause on. Even standing still several minutes the Ambit was switching from Autostart to Autopause all the time and the magnet was far far away from pod ( but this could be a FW Autopause problem too… ). During the 2h ride i had then 3 signal failures from pod. No speed and cadence, that took about 2-3 seconds, after that, signal was picked up again.

I think the connection to ANT+ pods now since 2.5.6 isn't more stable as promised, but even much more worse.

Did you discover that it's nearly impossible to calibrate a Bike Pod closer than 1% to GPS data too?
After a 70km ride with a 23mm road tire and a calibration set to 2081mm/1.015 the Ambit1 is 1km behind there own GPS data and my Edge 705, which is calibrated automatically to 2090mm at the rear wheel.

But only with the next calibration step 2083mm/1.016 the Ambit is 1km above the GPS measured data.
You can't set the factor to 2082, it will jump up to 2083mm, cause internally Suunto does the math with their own factor compared to a 26" wheel, and that next step is 1.016…
This calibration issue isn't solved since i bought my Ambit in December last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts