WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I was just browsing the Stowa website and noticed that the Antea Day Date is no longer available. Maybe waiting to do a Soprod version?
I get the impression that the day date wasn't that popular and wonder how many are out there?

Here's mine on the day it was delivered :)

It's still with me, now on one of the gorgeous Stowa aligator straps.

If you have one, post a pic, it would be interesting to see how many are out there :)

W.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
If I had to venture a guess as to why these may not be that popular, I would say that people are used to a super clean/simple Bauhaus look with the Antea and this one's too busy for their eyes. But in reality, it's done right and looks great. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Pretty much what CM HUNTER said. I had to make a decision when I pre-ordered my Antea. Ended up with the cleaner dial of the Antea 390 Date. Also had to factor in the Day-Date did not have the silver rotor.

It's a nice looking watch still since the day-date cut-outs are well placed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The antea was 3rd on my list of stowas, after the flieger (already have), and the marine (MA on order). The day date 390 was my favorite of the anteas though... I'm kinda bummed it's no longer on their web site, but maybe by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger for a bauhaus-style watch it will be back in some form.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received one of the last silver faced day-date Antea today. A classy watch except that they used white background on the date and day scale while the face is silver (I thought it was to be white). The contrast makes the watch look like a design mistake. However - against my first instinct - I will keep it because overall it is such a beautiful piece + I am an admirer of the Bauhaus school.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just received my Day/Date about 4 months back. I think it is a handsome looking watch.

Does yours run fast? Mine gains about 3 mins a week...

The date seems slightly off centered, and you could actually see the next date peeking out from the right...

Is this normal?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just received my Day/Date about 4 months back. I think it is a handsome looking watch.

The date seems slightly off centered, and you could actually see the next date peeking out from the right...

Is this normal?
It looks and sounds to me like you should contact Stowa. 3 minutes a week is ~26 seconds a day which is very high. The date wheel also looks like some adjustment is needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Is this normal?
I wouldn't say either of those things were normal, no.
Last time i checked, mine was running very slightly slow, about -0.5 s/d.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick update... Watch is back with me after a checkup with Stowa. Looks fine now. Will monitor over the next few weeks.

Thumbs up for Stowa's quick response and reply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts