WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am seriously considering ordering an Antea Klassik KS in silver. I am new here but seems like that model is maybe not quite as much discussed (at least of late) as some of the others. I am a fan of the Bauhaus design, small size and hand winding. Would love any thoughts from long term owners on their experiences, accuracy etc. I have a smaller wrist (6.5 - 6.75), but have read that this watch wears a bit bigger than its dimensions.

Also, the web site is saying 2-3 weeks for delivery. Wondering what that would mean for delivery to the U.S. Anyway, pleased to join the site and start learning more about mechanical watches in general – and this model in particular. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
You did use the search function ?

If not:

Of course, there‘s more.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Never seen one in the flesh but the pictures I have seen look very nice.

As for shipping to the US its about 2-3days in my experience from Stowa to my doorstep. They use international priority shipping and it’s very quick. The shipping estimate on the website is the estimated date they send it out in my experience. Once they send it out it moves pretty fast.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don’t have experience with the KS version but I can confirm that the 390 is a great watch and is a pleasure to look at. I definitely would have preferred a KS version but my wrist is close to 6.8-7.0, the 35.5 would be too small and the 41 would be too big. You’re lucky to have the right size to do the most authentic Antea

·
Premium Member
38,936 Posts
Not often seen, but one of the better Stowa models, IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You did use the search function ?

If not:

Of course, there‘s more.
Thanks. Had not seen all of those. Sounds like the Nomos is worth considering as well. I take it the Stowa is not hacking but I couldn’t find a clear reference on that for the Nomos Tangente 35. Does anyone know offhand if that movement is hacking?

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I don’t have experience with the KS version but I can confirm that the 390 is a great watch and is a pleasure to look at. I definitely would have preferred a KS version but my wrist is close to 6.8-7.0, the 35.5 would be too small and the 41 would be too big. You’re lucky to have the right size to do the most authentic Antea
Thanks to its long lugs, the Antea 355 even works well on larger wrists, I think. My wrist is 7 1/4”, here’s my Antea b2b 355 (@OP - same case as the classic, but the dial is more contemporary):

Having a great time….

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Thanks to its long lugs, the Antea 355 even works well on larger wrists, I think. My wrist is 7 1/4”, here’s my Antea b2b 355 (@OP - same case as the classic, but the dial is more contemporary):
I have the Antea 365 with a 7-3/4" wrist and, I agree that it wears large due to the long lugs. Plus the thin bezel makes the dial look bigger.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here's a photo of my KS which I posted a while back. This is on my 7.25 wrist, for reference. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. Was struggling between the Stowa and the Nomos, but I went ahead and ordered the Stowa. Cool history and a bit better price point. I recently sold a nice and somewhat pricey dress watch with similar styling — hoping this will ease the pain of letting that one go. May post back a photo when it arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts