WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had an auto accident where my vehicle flipped several times. During that time my Antea KS was in one of the outside pockets of my backpack and was launched from the car. The watch suffered quite a few dents and scuffs and even a hugely bent lug. It doesn't look pretty and elegant any longer.

I wound the watch wondering if it'll start up. It sure did and to my surprise it's still keeping great time. I'm glad I'm alive and I'm also glad my Antea is too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope you are OK. If the watch still works no need to fix it, a few battle scars add character.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thats one lucky watch ...i suggest you never sell it !

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If that is what the accident did to the watch, I am glad to hear you safe and sound. It is amazing the Antea still works after taking such a beating.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Myron. The car didn't fare as well. It got the scratches and dents that the watch got, but in a much larger scale. The Jeep was still running after it rolled and I drove it to the side of the road. Incredibly I actually walked away with some bumps and bruises.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, much more sturdier than I anticipated. I figured the roof wasn't reinforced since it was an SUV, but it held up really well. In fact the entire cabin did.

My Stowa was running at +/- 1 second a day but now it's slowed to a few seconds. It's still accurate enough though. I was hoping to have the case changed because I'd like to wear the watch, but with all the scratches and the bent lug, well, I'm more inclined to just look at it if it stayed in that state. I don't need a reminder of swerving to miss a deer instead of just hitting it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would have Stowa fix up the Antea, it can be made back to new with a case replacement. ;-)
Then after you get it back, never sell it for the rest of your lifetime.

Glad you got out of that pretty much OK!!

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay. I had a friend roll aJeep in the winter, and his experience was similar to yours, just bumps and bruises.

Apparently Stowa and Chrysler's Jeep division make some durable products!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Glad that you're okay. The watch and the car can be replaced but you cannot. Ask Stowa to replace the case of your Antea and ask for the old, damaged case back. This way you can show people how tough the Antea is.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad that you're okay. The watch and the car can be replaced but you cannot. Ask Stowa to replace the case of your Antea and ask for the old, damaged case back. This way you can show people how tough the Antea is.
Thank you for the good wishes everyone! The car can indeed be replaced and the watch, well, wow. I have no idea how the lug got bent the way it did, but the force that it took to do that must have been huge. The watch is really well built if can withstand something like that and keep on ticking. It's like the new Timex -- takes a licking and keeps on ticking. ;-)

The great people at Stowa wrote back and asked that I send the watch in and they'll check it out. Funny, I'll be in their neighborhood in the coming days so shipping it there wouldn't be a problem. Problem is that I left the watch in a place I can't get to before the trip so it'll need to go the normal route to Germany. Oh well.

I didn't think to ask them to send the damaged case back. I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nathan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts