WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay, i've had my antea for a few weeks now and suddenly, it started running very fast. it started out like 20 minutes a day and has gradually worked it;s way down to gaining 4 minutes a day. it used to not have this problem and nothing has been done to the watch to change this. i just wear it normally everyday. anyway, i've spoke to jorg and don't want to have to pay to have a watch fixed that i haven't damaged. it just simply runs fast for no reason. brand new. anyway, i would like to try to fix this myself. do i just turn the tiny screw type thing toward the negative side to adjust it to running slower? i know that it would be best to take it to a certified watch repairman, but frankly if this is somehting that will happen on automatics from time to time, i would like to learn now. if i am wrong about turning the screw, any advice would be appreciated on how to make the watch more accurate.

p.s. and jorg was very friendly when i informed him of the problem and even offered to pay for the shipping costs. however, the repair fee is 100.- which is fair, but i haven't damaged the watch. i just don;t understand how this happened and would be happy to remedy it myself if i could.

luke black.

S

·
0 Posts
Is it possible that the watch got magetized ?
Nonetheless I´d send the watch back to Jörg to get the problem solved ! You got a warranty of two years right ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, i forgot about the warrantee. when i emailed jorg he said repairs are 100.- so it should be under warrantee, i'll give him another email. my watch hasn't been magnitized to my knowledge unless something happened at airport security. i took the watch off before going through the metal detectors and placed it in the tray. out of curiousity, what happens when an automatic watch encounters a magnet? and how do i know if my watch is magnitized? is there a way of demagnetizing it? thanks.

luke black

S

·
0 Posts
anitasanger said:
oh yeah, i forgot about the warrantee. when i emailed jorg he said repairs are 100.- so it should be under warrantee, i'll give him another email. my watch hasn't been magnitized to my knowledge unless something happened at airport security. i took the watch off before going through the metal detectors and placed it in the tray. out of curiousity, what happens when an automatic watch encounters a magnet? and how do i know if my watch is magnitized? is there a way of demagnetizing it? thanks.

luke black
The watch begins to run very fast. 20 Minutes and more a day. De-magnetizing the watch is no problem for a watchmaker.I once passed the Schipol airport security check with an Orient GMT and the watch got magnetized.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I just went through Airport security yesterday and nothing happened to my Eberhard..funny how things can happen when you don't realize it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts