WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up several watches from my local antique store recently. Among them was this 1940's Waltham Premier military watch. It looks similar to the one in this thread. The dial on mine looks rough though due to the missing crystal. It's doesn't run even though it winds normally and the balance seems to partially rotate. Maybe the second hand is stuck to the dial preventing it from operating. I'll post images of the other watches soon.

0032-2.jpg

0038-2.jpg

0039-2.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, like the dial on it :)

What are your plans for it then?
I don't really know. It's beyond my budget to fully restore though. The movement and case are solid, but I don't know if the dial is re-storable. I still like the overall look of the dial, even with the decades worth of dirt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's two more, both Elgins. No movement shot for the automatic as it's a frontloader.

Next is an older Hamilton with a lovely 987 movement. What's the best method for removing the layer of case oxidation without removing the finish?

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
some nice watches that are worth to be restored

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
You can try the Silver polish that is a liquid. You do not want to use a cream, as this may take off the surface.

Some lovely watches!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts