WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the pictures of someone's 20-year-old G-shock, so I took my new one and made it look old. I used a cloth wheel in my dremel tool, with a small amount of polishing paste. I really like the way it came out, it looks better in person than in the picture. The polishing paste filled in the lettering (and a few other places) with a nice brick-red, and I smeared some marker ink on the crystal.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliment. Besides the ink on the crystal and the polishing compound in the letters, I think it'll only get better...

·
Registered
990 Posts
This is perfect. Now you can purchase hundreds of Gs, 'pre-weather' them and sell to select fratboy clothing stores (AE, AF, etc.) at double what they normally cost. I must say though, it is very well done.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I take a slightly more convoluted and to more interesting route: watch hunting at flea-marts. Some 'weathered' friends found include:
DW-8050_1.jpg
DW-8050
DW-8300bb_1.jpg
DW-8300
DW-9400b_1.jpg
DW-9400
They have a fair amount of 'wabi' on them already:-d
Lee

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I take a slightly more convoluted and to more interesting route: watch hunting at flea-marts. They have a fair amount of 'wabi' on them already:-d
Lee
Lee, great photos. Those G-Shocks are like the beds in a very old hotel...you just have to wonder about all of stories they could tell.

;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts