WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
my DA44 has a tiny scratch on the black part of the bezel, and a tiny one around the 8 o clock mark on th side of the case. I'm a machinist/engineer/maintenance guy. my watch has made contact with a lot of metal objects!

4 years and i have to look carefully to see the scratches. I'm honestly kinda proud of them. Love these watches much more than 316l stainless that gets scratched up from looking at it!

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10, and more...
6,811 Posts
My DC80 resisted scratches when I had it. But the bracelet! Wish I had known the bracelet could scratch itself while I tried in vain to get a perfect fit with the stupidest clasp design in the world (I’m a butterfly clasp hater)!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2016 DC66 case and bezel are in as new condition. I do have a pin sized mark on the AR on the crystal though, if I could go back, I'd option AR on the inside only.
When I sent my DA 36 in for service at Watch Mann single sided AR (underside only) was an option at service.

I went with double again which I may regret as the outer AR on my original crystal had a pretty good scratch - hence why I had it replaced along with a full service. I do love the effect of the crystal almost disappearing with the double AR though and went with that option according.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Note to self: never loan your Damasko to Antone.

Shame on you Antone! Shame! Shame!
Font Event Art Beard Hat

·
Registered
165 Posts
At ~1600HV, Damasko's cases should be resistant to scratching by pretty much all other metals, plus most commonplace minerals - right up to quartz, meaning you either have to be incredibly unlucky to clout your watch on (say) a hunk of rock containing something harder (corundum, chrysoberyl), careless with jewellery that contains ruby, sapphire or diamond, or have been clumsy with man-made abrasives like silicon carbide, aluminium boride, &c.

My oldest Damasko is 12 years old, and doesn't have a mark on it, despite some pretty rough use.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've owned my DC67 for 2 years, it's been by far the most worn watch in my rotation (~70%+ of wrist time), and there's not a mark on it, not even desk diving marks on the bottom of the bracelet. Still looks brand new. It was a year old when I bought it, too.

I don't do heavy work with it or anything but just typical everyday activity where I like to use the chrono, like when I'm grilling.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I’ve heard so many mixed reviews on removing AR. Mine is so minute only I can see it.
my AR coating is pretty marked up, but you really have to be looking closely at the right angle to see it.

you can't feel any scratches on the surface. So really mostly i like the full AR coating, it still does make the glass just disappear.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts