WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there own the Sinn 1736 Klassik? Considering purchasing this model in the future (my first white dial). Any thoughts, opinions, photos?
Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Anybody out there own the Sinn 1736 Klassik? Considering purchasing this model in the future (my first white dial). Any thoughts, opinions, photos?
Thanks!
I have the 1746 -- had it for several years. I really like it, but only wear it once or twice a month (if that). It's my special occasion dress watch. Gorgeous piece, though, and rather unique -- doesn't really look like anything else out there.

1746_11May.jpg

IMG_20180805_143713.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’ve been in the market for a white dial dress watch for some time and completely agree with radharc. Out of all the $1k - $2k options out there the klassik is certainly unique. Just wish it had a second hand to enjoy that smooth sweep of a fine auto movement. Actually have a question of my own for Radharc: I’m leaning towards the larger 1746 and have a pretty average wrist size. Does the 1746 fit nicely under a shirt cuff with little catching?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just wish it had a second hand to enjoy that smooth sweep of a fine auto movement. Actually have a question of my own for Radharc: I’m leaning towards the larger 1746 and have a pretty average wrist size. Does the 1746 fit nicely under a shirt cuff with little catching?
If I am being totally candid, I miss the second hand sometimes too. It would never work as an only watch (for me) for that reason. But, I also have to say that the absence of a second hand brings some measure of sophistication and calm to the watch that fits with its overall aesthetic.

The 1746 does fit very easily under the cuff and rarely if ever catches. (I know my cuff is under the watch in one of the pics above, but that is because I specifically tucked the cuff under the watch so the watch face would not be obscured in the photo.) If you'd like, I can take a profile shot in the next day or two.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I also own a 1746. Very nice watch and unique. I to would love a second hand but didn't let that stop me and I am glad I have it. Only gets used for dressy occasions.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sure is a beaut, thanks for sharing :) Seems like the 1736 is even more rare as far as ownership goes (at least on these forums). Wish there were more photos out there!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I am being totally candid, I miss the second hand sometimes too. It would never work as an only watch (for me) for that reason. But, I also have to say that the absence of a second hand brings some measure of sophistication and calm to the watch that fits with its overall aesthetic.

The 1746 does fit very easily under the cuff and rarely if ever catches. (I know my cuff is under the watch in one of the pics above, but that is because I specifically tucked the cuff under the watch so the watch face would not be obscured in the photo.) If you'd like, I can take a profile shot in the next day or two.
I agree. While I enjoy watching the movement of a seconds hand, I certainly don't mind its absence on a dress watch, or one for special occasions. Perhaps better to forget the passing of time and simply have the hours and minutes as a reference when necessary.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. While I enjoy watching the movement of a seconds hand, I certainly don't mind its absence on a dress watch, or one for special occasions. Perhaps better to forget the passing of time and simply have the hours and minutes as a reference when necessary.
Then again, small seconds might be the best of both worlds...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks!
Got a 1736 a few weeks ago and love it. Had an AD in Germany send it to me though because watchbuys tends to be out of the 36 most of the time. Actually saved myself a couple hundred bucks doing it that way too.

Anyway the Klassik is a flat faced watch, something to consider if you have small wrist. I chose the 36 because the 1746 in 42mm would look huge on my wrist even though my 42mm Speedmaster looks fine. I also like how on the 1736 the date window is lower on the dial. I have worn it both for dress and casual. The great thing about a plain white dial watch is that it goes great with anything. My only complaint is the strap. It looks good but honestly Sinn straps have always just kinda felt uncomfortable to me. Granted that's an easy fix and already have an aftermarket black Cordovan strap on order. Bottom line though is it's a great watch that you can't go wrong with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Side note since I know most people are curious about the 1736 wrist presence so here are a few shots on my 6.75 inch wrist. It's a small watch but because it has a flat face it wears large in my opinion. Hope these help.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190601163754057_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190601163638518_COVER.jpg

MVIMG_20190601_141724.jpg

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Side note since I know most people are curious about the 1736 wrist presence so here are a few shots on my 6.75 inch wrist. It's a small watch but because it has a flat face it wears large in my opinion. Hope these help.

Thank you for these great pics!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a 1736 a few weeks ago and love it. Had an AD in Germany send it to me though because watchbuys tends to be out of the 36 most of the time. Actually saved myself a couple hundred bucks doing it that way too.

Anyway the Klassik is a flat faced watch, something to consider if you have small wrist. I chose the 36 because the 1746 in 42mm would look huge on my wrist even though my 42mm Speedmaster looks fine. I also like how on the 1736 the date window is lower on the dial. I have worn it both for dress and casual. The great thing about a plain white dial watch is that it goes great with anything. My only complaint is the strap. It looks good but honestly Sinn straps have always just kinda felt uncomfortable to me. Granted that's an easy fix and already have an aftermarket black Cordovan strap on order. Bottom line though is it's a great watch that you can't go wrong with.
Appreciate the thoughts on this model. I'm in the same boat--the 42 would look way too big on me.
I prefer the date window placement on the 1736 as well. By comparison, on the 1746 the date almost looks like it's just kind of... floating there.
Hadn't really considered this as a casual watch, but I guess you're right. It's understated and would certainly match well with lots of straps if you did need to dress it down.
I've only experienced the strap that comes with the 104. It was too thick, too stiff, too long, and didn't taper. Not my style. No denying the quality of the thing, but it wasn't for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts