WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I know this is OT but with such a helpful crowd here, I couldn't help but ask!

I have a close friend who's having her 21st birthday soon. I've been racking my brains but so far, the best idea I have is an engraved pen. Probably something cheap since I don't have too much money to give away. Haha. Or was thinking of a watch but similarly, it'll be a really cheap one. Like maybe 20 USD.

Any better ideas? Heh. Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
1st qusetion: How close is "close"

2nd question: if not that "close" would you like to get closer?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Good questions. I think its more of the 2nd case where I want to get closer. Heh. Oh. And don't worry about dinner plans and all that. I've got those covered. Heh.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well then, I would get her something that you know that she likes, but make it something obscure that only those who REALLY pay attention to her would know that she likes. The other option is to get her something that she knows you really like. That may sound strange, but if she REALLY knows what you place high value on, and she recieves that from you as a gift, she may equate that with your placing high value on her. I would go with the first option though. Keep us posted.

P.S. You don't have to get expensive with this one. Trust me and I am sure others here. If you know she likes a certain actor/actress, or subject matter...buy her a DVD, perhaps you two can watch it together after dinner. Just be sure to tell her something like, "I know you really like so and so, and I thought of you when I saw this." Just make it genuine whatever it is. Women smell right through that other B.S.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
1. get her a nice but funny card...sense of humor is always good.

2. perhaps something "artistic" that you think that she'd appreciate. an art poster or wall hanging.... or well made crystal paperweight. not too romantic but thoughtful and nice to look at.

good luck!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
This may seem a little bit cheesy, but I have a relative that gave my daughters personalized stationery for their 13th birthday and this was such a nice personal gift. Not sure if your gal would dig it, but in this age of email and texting, there is something refreshing about actually writing letters on personalized stationery. I try to send letters at least once a month that I write by hand.

This is merely an example
http://www.thestationerystudio.com/...talog.listProducts/catId/1333/Stationery.html

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think books almost always make perfect gifts. I love getting books, and I love to get books for other people. If there's a book that you know she likes, try to find an old, hardback or signed copy. Or you could get her a copy of a book that you really love. Either way, it's inexpensive and it can be very personal and meaningful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts