WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know this isn’t the best picture in the world. Do any alarm bells ring over this one please? Being described as original 166.003 with original beads of rice bracelet. The crown is signed.
k FBDDF7EA-37A1-4A4B-A0F1-C450E204D780.jpeg

Regards
Davostac

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It's hard to tell much from a single picture. Needs pics of the crown, caseback (inside and out), both sides of the bracelet and clasp, and the movement to tell much.

That said - this model mostly had a recessed/"hidden" crown - not sure if every version did. If you search the web for omega 166.003 you can see lots of pics, mostly with recessed crowns.

The date window magnifier looks like an add-on. I believe Omega put magnifiers on a few models, but again, most versions of this one on the web don't have them.

The end link fit is not very good. If this is a real Omega BOR, it's likely for a different watch; at least the end links are wrong.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
It's hard to tell much from a single picture. Needs pics of the crown, caseback (inside and out), both sides of the bracelet and clasp, and the movement to tell much.

That said - this model mostly had a recessed/"hidden" crown - not sure if every version did. If you search the web for omega 166.003 you can see lots of pics, mostly with recessed crowns.

The date window magnifier looks like an add-on. I believe Omega put magnifiers on a few models, but again, most versions of this one on the web don't have them.

The end link fit is not very good. If this is a real Omega BOR, it's likely for a different watch; at least the end links are wrong.
Agreed. The photo is somewhat deceptive as well with the crown hidden under the sweater

1 - 3 of 3 Posts