WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big fan of the 2535 SMP GMT from a few years back. I like how the GMT function is nested within the dial so it still has a dive bezel (don't have a need to track a third time zone with a rotating 24hr bezel). But it doesn't look like Omega ever made a SMPc with this aesthetic function (or any SMPc GMT?) and the SMP 300M chronograph GMTs, GMT Aqua Terras, etc are too large at 43-44mm though some of them do have a dial based 24 hour ring. So I'm wondering if Omega has abandoned this style of watch or if it seems likely that they might release a new model 300M that is basically an update of the 2535. Pure speculation obviously, but I'm just curious as this seems like it would be a pretty good GADA watch if they can keep it as thin as possible.

2535.80.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
It would be nice to see a new version of this. I'm wearing a 2534.50 right now and the 2535 has a lot of great upgrades with the display back, HRV, diver bezel and movement. I think next year would be the best time for it to be released while the new smp driver line is hot. I was surprised with how simple they kept the ceramic smp line versus the countless variants in the 2000's.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
With the current trend by Omega on launching thicker watches I doubt they will launch a thinner coaxial GMT like the 50th anniversary 2234 or the 2535.80 (which is 14mm). I tried the newest coaxial GMT at my local Omega Boutique but it is a beast at about 17mm thickness so no way!

I currently own the 2535.80.00 (actually on my second one, first one sold to pursue another watch but that mistake has been rectified ;-) ) and love its size, wave dial, unidirectional rotating bezel, GMT functionality and sapphire caseback. It is actually the only Bond coaxial GMT model ever produced by Omega! .

Here a few pictures of mine on OEM bracelet and a few Omega and Jean Rousseau bands, If were you would source one while you can! :-!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts