WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a big fan of De Bethune. A true artisanal watch in my opinion. I do not own one yet. I’m wondering if folks here who have one could share your impressions of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
I really love the brand and have had a chance to try some of them on in a few stores and at events. This is me trying on a DB28 "steel wheels".

5dcYwv3.jpg

The DB28's are wonderful - wildly light, flat, the articulating lugs even out the pressure. Among all the watches I've tried on, I think that they feel closest to having nothing on your wrist, short of tiny dress watches. Finishing is definitely top tier, although that's obviously not what you're paying for. The blued finishing is exquisite although I suspect won't hold up to frequent wear. They claim a pretty high level of shock resistance although I can't speak from experience.

The titanium polishing is even shinier in person than what the image shows. It's probably also one of, if not the shiniest watch I've seen. The steel wheels is for that reason a bit too blingy for my tastes. My choice would probably be either full black ceramic finish ("shadows") or with a black dial and ceramic bezel.

If I had $40k right now, it'll be a hard choice between a pre-owned DB28 and Linesport centigraph. I'll probably buy something from them someday.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful watch. Unfortunately I live in the hinterlands and we had no De Bethune ADs in my area.
It’s definitely my “win the lotto watch”. So looking is probably as close as I’ll get

·
Registered
751 Posts
that looks like a star trek memorabilia. I think they call that a transponder lol. Beam me up scottie.
I've seen them on the wrists of literal billionaire trekkies. I'm more of a star wars guy myself although I'll happily watch anything star trek.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a DB28, sold it about two years owing it. One reason was they had a bit of financial trouble so I didn’t feel comfortable owing it.

Another problem was it’s avant-garde look, once the initial excitement wore off, sometimes I look at my wrist and wonder what am i wearing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the DB28, however, if you're concerned about price, consider buying them second hand.

I have a friend selling a solid gold DB25 for like 35k SGD.

Which is a bargain on the 95k SGD RRP

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m happy to report I am now the proud owner of my 2nd De Bethune.

I bought the Steel Wheels a little before Christmas time and absolutely love it. It’s completely off the reservation compared to the other pieces in my collection. I’m not the biggest of guys but I can accept large pieces so long as the cool factor outweighs the lack of fit. Here, I think it’s got the cool factor in spades, and the clever flexing lug system matched with the ultralight Titanium case makes it a winner.

Then just this last Saturday I picked up this!!!

It’s a watch which has been on my radar for some time but always seem to get distracted by something else along the line. This watch came with the shorter lugs which I can’t recommend enough! The lugs do a great job making the watch feel small for 45mm while maintaining a comfortable feel on the wrist. As a result, I am seeking to switch out the lugs on my Steel Wheels as well once things get back to normal.

Good luck should you choose to pick one up some day!
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m happy to report I am now the proud owner of my 2nd De Bethune.

I bought the Steel Wheels a little before Christmas time and absolutely love it. It’s completely off the reservation compared to the other pieces in my collection. I’m not the biggest of guys but I can accept large pieces so long as the cool factor outweighs the lack of fit. Here, I think it’s got the cool factor in spades, and the clever flexing lug system matched with the ultralight Titanium case makes it a winner.

Then just this last Saturday I picked up this!!!

It’s a watch which has been on my radar for some time but always seem to get distracted by something else along the line. This watch came with the shorter lugs which I can’t recommend enough! The lugs do a great job making the watch feel small for 45mm while maintaining a comfortable feel on the wrist. As a result, I am seeking to switch out the lugs on my Steel Wheels as well once things get back to normal.

Good luck should you choose to pick one up some day!
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome purchases! To say I am envious is an understatement!

Reactions: jameswatchsd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts