WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've known this brand for a long time, but not until recently I started to take interest of its lineup, especially the Sealiner.
Anybody here has any idea about their company' root? What movement do they mount (in-house / off the shelf ETA, Sellita, etc)? Is there any relation to Franck Muller?
I've done some digging on the internet but couldn't find much about it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
CVS350 is claimed to be an in-house movement – the bridges are certainly not the typical style of an ETA 2892, as much as the rotor pivot, jewel count, and regulator would appear to indicate.
I believe the chronographs are the venerable 7750, so it stands to reason that it’s either a bespoke ebauche from ETA or they make some parts (bridges/main plate, for example) internally, and buy in the rest.

Nice enough watches, especially the orange Dani Pedrosa model they did a few years ago, but I’d sooner go for the Vanguard from Franck Muller, although the Jet Liner is rather appealing.

Edit:
It seems the connection is that the CEO is the son of one of the Co-owners of FM Watchland Group.
It also seems that Cvstos is now part of the same group, if it hasn’t been since its inception in 2004/5.

https://www.watchprozine.com/horological-meandering/in-conversation-with-the-founders-of-cvstos-sassoun-sirmakes-and-antonio-terranova/2888451/
Cvstos - WorldTempus
https://www.backesandstrauss.com/press-coverage-1/boat-international-2019-the-under-the-radar-watch-brands-to-know-now-3wj83-kxnxr

·
Registered
763 Posts
No connection that I’m aware of, so independent.
CVS350 is claimed to be an in-house movement – the bridges are certainly not the typical style of an ETA 2892, as much as the rotor pivot, jewel count, and regulator would appear to indicate.
I believe the chronographs are the venerable 7750, so it stands to reason that it’s either a bespoke ebauche from ETA or they make some parts (bridges/main plate, for example) internally, and buy in the rest.

Nice enough watches, especially the orange Danny Pedrosa model they did a few years ago, but I’d sooner go for the Vanguard from Franck Muller, although the Jet Liner is rather appealing.
I thought that they're run by a family member of the Franck Muller owners and share some fabrication processes?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have one, I love it. I am friends with the Franck Muller group, so every year or so I'll trade between models. I've always had a Franck Muller or Cvstos in my collection. As stated above, Cvstos uses the standard ETA/Valjoux movements. However, their tourbillon and high-complication pieces are predominantly in-house and built in Watchland. Most of the watches are still manufactured in FM's Watchland.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
They’ve got some cool pieces and materials. I find the sizes a bit big, but I like the way they finish movements and skeletonize. Girard Depardieu is a fan, for what it’s worth...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was shown a gold and black one at a local jeweler here in Utah who had one in-stock used. Was a little chunky for me so I didn't bother looking at it too closely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts