WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all. First time lurker, long time poster. Strike that...reverse it! I have been stricken with chronic watch-itis. I've come to learn that the only cure is to acquire more watches. I don't have a spectacular collection, but I'm working on it. And let me say up front that I am learning, so forgive me if I don't have the lingo down. Feel free to correct me!

Right now, I have a Swiss Army Peak (black face, sadly broken neoprene band that has proven difficult to replace), a Raymond Weil Tango (white pinstripe face) and a Tag Heuer Aquaracer 2000 (blue face). I'm interested in the new Citizen Perpetual Calendar attached (image borrowed from princetonwatches.com... looks like it is a BL5300-06E). I just returned from vacation in the Caribbean and passed one up that was priced around $200. After checking the Internet, my wife and I realized that I probably missed out on a good deal. Anyway, does anyone own one of these? Any problems to speak of?

Right now, until I know any better, I am drawn to watches based simply on how they look (or might look) on my wrist. I don't dive except a snorkel trip here and there and I don't really need to time things, except the minutes leading up to quitting time. But again, I'm willing to learn what's good or bad about watches and what to look for in determining if a watch is a good buy.

Any help is appreciated. Also have my eye on a Tissot Seastar 1000 (I've read the reviews here) and a Marathon CSAR (although the JSAR looks promising).

P.S.- I also love parenthetical phrases.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have that one, but I do have an AT1060-07E that is kind of like that one. It has been a great watch, keeps good time plus it is one of the most comfortable watches I have. I think you would like the BL5300-06E a lot and would probably get excellent service out of it.

Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts