WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Seamaster Omegamatic, which I have considered reluming several times. Now that the line has actually fallen off two of the applied markers, I figured, whats the harm.
I have had some trouble finding any relumers in Denmark, and the closest thing was reluming.de out of Dortmund, Germany.
Does anyone here have any experience with them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Now might be the right time to try your hand at luming, assuming you’re handy. There are lots of vids online and kits can be bought cheap. Get a used dial to practice on and go for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have actually considered that possibility, especially since the Omegamatic has applied markers with a nice rectangular recess for the lume.
It has also skeleton hands, which, from what I have been able to read online, should be simplest to lume.
Still, I have very little patience for detailed manual work, so even though it may be a great chance to actually train some of those skills, I just think right now I don't have the time required invest in such an endeavor. I have destroyed two iPod nanos trying to do something as simple as changing their internal battery. So really, finger work is just not one of my strong sides.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,660 Posts
No experience with reluming.de or sweetwatches.de.

I always sent my watches/dials to Bethge in Ispringen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts