WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team.

I’m a huge Sarpaneva fan, and was lucky enough to acquire my first one early this year. That was quickly followed by another one...and then another one...oops!

Anyways, I just sold my K0 Ruler of Water steel and still have one in DLC, along with a Winter Seasons acquired a few weeks ago locally.

Really keen to see what else everyone has, so show us your Sarps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I don’t own any, but hats off to you for collecting such unique and interesting pieces! Great strap pairings.

Out of interest, what type of movements do they use? Are they based on the ETA 2892 or Soprod A10 maybe? Do you have any movement shots?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That last blue strap is amazing with that dial. Something about those geometric lines juxtaposed with the irregular blobs...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t own any, but hats off to you for collecting such unique and interesting pieces! Great strap pairings.

Out of interest, what type of movements do they use? Are they based on the ETA 2892 or Soprod A10 maybe? Do you have any movement shots?
Thanks mate!

As per below, they utilise a modified Soprod A10 movement. All of my versions have a solid case back so no movement shots unfortunately, but there's a few shots on Fratello's Hands-On with the Korona K3 :-!

https://www.fratellowatches.com/sarpaneva-k3-northern-stars-hands-on/

That last blue strap is amazing with that dial. Something about those geometric lines juxtaposed with the irregular blobs...
agree that the blue strap with that geometric design is awesome.
Totally agree. The previous owner specc'd the strap, and at first I didn't think too much of it honestly. But since spending some time with it, and with the help of my photographer friend, it's really grown on me. Just stunning.

Soprod A10 movements, in many cases modified for his unique moon phase complications. There may not be mods for the above watches since they are all 3-handers without other complications.
Great watches, BTW :)
Cheers mate! :-!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I don't want to open a new one.

I think this independent watchmaker and brand is still very underrated, i love all his designs, and would like to hear more from the current owners, and off course more pics the better it is.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Trust me, it's pretty hard to find these days, I've been on the lookout for a pre-owned Sarpaneva for a while now, and I cannot find one reasonably priced. The production for each model seems to be very low.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are indeed. The DLC Ruler of Water in my first post was one of three. I've bought and sold 4 Sarpaneva's now, so they are around. Just need to look globally.

This was the last one I sold, a K2 Kaamos. Super cool piece, and one of five I think:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts