WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a Canon DSLR but use Film most of the time - I especially like using B&W (which I process and scan at home) I also like making prints (basic home darkroom with a Durst enlarger) and of course Fujichrome Velvia E6 (now that my favourite Kodak Ektachrome e100vs has long been discontinued) - pixel peep as much as people want but there is nothing like a project yes slide - on a white screen in a darkened room!
my camera was a Contax G2, a Fuji versión of the Hasselblad XPan II and a Rolleiflex 3.5F - which I’ve sold to pay off stuff - now I have a lovely Minolta MAXXUM 7 which is ergonomically brilliant.
It’d be nice to hear from other film users - experiences, equipment and some of your photos! And of course from anyone else who is going back to Film or thinking about dabbling in Film photography - You can check mine out on ibraarhussain.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
Used to shoot film a lot couple years back. But gave up do to the cost of shooting film became to great. Good to see some fellow film photographers here :)

Reactions: ibbz

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I have this Leica CL, but I don't use it. Thought I would as I like B&W photography, but just find it easier to use my digital camera

So it sits

Image off the net

DON

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have this Leica CL, but I don't use it. Thought I would as I like B&W photography, but just find it easier to use my digital camera

So it sits

Image off the net

DON
Solid camera. Collaboration between Leica and Minolta. Film isn't for everyone but I sure do still enjoy the process.

Images below were made with this camera and 8x10 film.

·
Registered
633 Posts

So it sits

Image off the net

DON
Would you consider selling it? ;-)

I still shoot film some times. I really like the fact that it makes you slow down and choose your shots. I got in on a KickStarter project called Lab-Box. It's a daylight loading development tank. It's taking a VERY long time for them to get into production, but I hope to be getting mine soon. I don't shoot film as much as I used to, but I'll be getting the 35mm and 120/220 film churning more when I get it. When I was in college (years ago), I used everything from my first 35mm, a Minolta Maxxum 7000i to Zorki, Kiev, Zenit, a beautiful Nikon Fm3a, a Bessaflex TM, Minolta X-700, etc. One of my favorites is my Yashicamat 124G. Can't tell you how many times I'd get stopped and asked about it while walking around campus with a pocket full of Fomapan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those are really cool shots. I'm only beginning to develop quite an interest in photography but I haven't still got a decent camera to begin with.

Considering some camera with the vintage look that still works digital (without film).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Film shooter here! Currently shooting zeiss ikon zm, nikon fe/fm2n, nikonos v, and a pentax67ii. I have about 300 rolls in the freezer right now lol.

Pentax67II with 55mm f/4

·
Registered
633 Posts
Solid camera. Collaboration between Leica and Minolta. Film isn't for everyone but I sure do still enjoy the process.

Images below were made with this camera and 8x10 film.

Always wanted to get into large format. I've come VERY close to getting a 4x5 field camera multiple times. I DO enjoy medium format. Any good advice?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never tried large format although was quite close of getting one. I shot with various medium format before from TLR to 645 (contax).
One of my favourite, Bessa L with Leica 35mm f2.8 summaron at f8, hyperfocusing, Tri-X 400.

1.jpg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great shots :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for medium format
I’d recommend a TLR - easy to use and focus - greatvresuktsb
I’ve had a Rolleiflex 3.5F and a MPP Microcord.
Here are a few MPP Microcord shots from London
Yellow filter (which vignettes) Rollei Retro

85726BBF-1001-49EF-B9CF-EA85186279FB.jpeg BEB75BCA-CB24-42B0-95E3-A00D6E07AB47.jpeg A53BCB6C-58AB-4C8F-AEC6-BF29B3976E93.jpeg

·
Registered
157 Posts
for starter can try a Minolta Autocord too. Couple years ago you can get one for $200-$300. very well built and sharp lens.

10391791_184002027318_3572120_n.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
for starter can try a Minolta Autocord too. Couple years ago you can get one for $200-$300. very well built and sharp lens.

View attachment 14106503
Yes - and a few years back you could’ve picked up a Fuji GA645 AF Rangefinder for peanuts - I had one and regret selling it :(
Great camera with a superb huge clear polarised VF

Easy to use autofocus point and shoot with aperture priority. I think it also had shutter priority
Agfa Pan F 25 and Velvia 100
D5DCBE94-9F2C-482C-8FF7-3A75861ABC9B.jpeg A52A5E81-EF02-475A-82C3-2309E5BD6E90.jpeg 6E7F5EEF-C864-43C6-90AD-20CFF4BA5F28.jpeg 26691B6F-56C9-44D9-AAA1-2E7B16F65824.jpeg

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a fuji 690 before. Nice camera

1 - 20 of 52 Posts