WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
subjectively, there are plenty of models which divide opinions, based on looks or function set or both.

I remember reading threads about a battery life issue with a 5600 model from quite a bit back - otherwise nope.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Battery life issue wth the 5600?

Do you have a link?

Thanks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far. If I go G Shock (I'm debating between that and a Timex Adventure Tech Shock), I'll get a solar atomic, so battery life shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Don't worry about quality issues - you'd be very unlucky to have an issue with a new G-Shock (or, I imagine, a Timex) decide what you want out of the function set and/or looks and pull the trigger with confidence.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I believe Coler is referring to the G5600. Quite a few people here had issues w/ the module.
yep, this one gave some problems to many people. but today you can get the gw-m5600 for a nice price and it has all the g5600 has and more IMO

·
Registered
214 Posts
Frankly the problem is that once you own one then you want another and, another and... but quality wise from my experience and what I have read and learned here (being this forum one of the nicest with the best bunch of knowledgeable people, not counting me, of course!), NON. They are built like a tank!!
It is more a matter of taste and the functions that you want.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I believe Coler is referring to the G5600. Quite a few people here had issues w/ the module.
yep, this one gave some problems to many people. but today you can get the gw-m5600 for a nice price and it has all the g5600 has and more IMO
The new G-5600E has problems? Isn't this model just recently released? A tough solar version of the DW-5600E.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The new G-5600E has problems? Isn't this model just recently released? A tough solar version of the DW-5600E.
People are referring to an older G-5600 that has problems.
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/G-G-5600-1JF/CASIO_G_shock_G56001JF_Japan_Made.html

This is the one you are referring to. Hopefully Casio got this one right. I currently have this one on order.
http://www.amazon.com/CASIO-BLACK-G-SHOCK-TOUGH-G-5600E-1/dp/B002GUEOS6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1250109768&sr=1-2

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,173 Posts
you should avoid G-Shock with improper sitting caseback seals after a battery change,

you should avoid G-Shock so expensive that you can't afford food and rent anymore,

you should avoid G-Shock that's too small for your wrist size,

you should avoid wearing a pink G-Shock with a black suit going to a wedding or job interview,

there may more to avoid ...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
frogman - too big & heavy & overpriced

riseman - shadows on display make time hard to read and the buttons are cheap & plastic looking and get stuck with sand.

IMHO the best models are the G7700 and G7800 as they have awesome alarm and hourly chime setting funtionality.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Yes, avoid the Frogman at all costs. No one should ever own one and in fact I will volunteer to take them from everyone and dispose of them properly. Please PM me for an address to send them to.

That is all.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yes, avoid the Frogman at all costs. No one should ever own one and in fact I will volunteer to take them from everyone and dispose of them properly. Please PM me for an address to send them to.

That is all.
It's this selfless devotion that makes this forum great.........
You just give (or take) until it hurts..

·
Registered
336 Posts
frogman - too big & heavy & overpriced

riseman - shadows on display make time hard to read and the buttons are cheap & plastic looking and get stuck with sand.

IMHO the best models are the G7700 and G7800 as they have awesome alarm and hourly chime setting funtionality.
Here you go again! I have no problems with the Riseman. No problems with shadows, buttons, sand, or whatever. :think:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts