WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is repetitive, or perhaps I missed it. But I jumped on Meranom today as I was looking for a "420" case or a "120" Amphibia. Anyway, everything was out of stock. And I thought, that was weird. So, I went to look at all Amphibia's and the only one that was in stock was "Amphibian Classic 090661Ms" What???

I have shopped at Meranom for many years for Vostok parts and buying new Amphibia's and now they basically have just one. They have a lot of Komandirskie models, and a lot of Vostok Europe's too. Perhaps it is a glitch, and I will keep checking back. But in case I missed something and anyone can fill me in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, apologies if I missed some major announcement as well. I just tried to search some recent Meranom comments and didn't see any.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I almost started a thread with the same title yesterday morning.
I paid for an order on the 17th and it sat as 'processing' until mid yesterday (23rd).
I guess I got used to the first couple of orders being posted the working day after ordering or thereabouts.
I sent an email a couple of days ago asking if all was okay and got a quick reply saying they thought so and it can take up to 4 working days.
This latest order was the full 5 working days until posting that they say it can take on the website.
Considering that the site had all the stuff in stock, it seems slow to process the order and I'm going to hold off on ordering anything else while I see what happens.

Update, I've just checked the tracking number for the items posted yesterday and the tracking shows they were posted on the 19th.. before I emailed to find out if there was a problem.
So looks like an internal communication problem and not updating or checking when asked, rather than a delay.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think part of the problem is that the Chistopol factory was affected by COVID shutdowns just like everything else. When you're not producing watches, or producing fewer of them, stock levels are going to dwindle.

That said, it's obvious that other sellers like Komandirskie.com and Zenitar have much more stock on hand, so I'm not sure why Meranom is so depleted. It does make me wonder.

Instagram: @vta_watch

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think part of the problem is that the Chistopol factory was affected by COVID shutdowns just like everything else. When you're not producing watches, or producing fewer of them, stock levels are going to dwindle.

That said, it's obvious that other sellers like Komandirskie.com and Zenitar have much more stock on hand, so I'm not sure why Meranom is so depleted. It does make me wonder.

Instagram: @vta_watch
Which weirdly, I what I was going to say in my earlier post and didn't!
God I'm getting old.

It's weird that its just Amphibias that meranom are low on.
:unsure:

Hi Baker333

Have a look at komandirskie.com.
420 cases
And a few 120's in stock

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I do not think so. In Russia many factories take 2-4 weeks vacation every year.
That may be so, although it doesn't make sense in non-communist times; but I clearly remember reading a notification about Vostok being closed because of COVID for a month. Now, maybe they lied and just wanted to take a month off :p

·
Registered
791 Posts
They really should have a notification or something if it is indeed caused by holidays. First they removed the free shipping for anything, now they have almost nothing in stock. Zero SE models and very few classic Amphibias.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They have plenty of classic Amphibias: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
Or classic Komandirskies: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
And new Amfibia models: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
And new Komandirskie models: Komandirskie Vostok Watches

The only things they rarely have are Special Editions. When they do, it's only 10 or 20 pieces at a time, which may be gone in a matter of hours, if the collectors' grapevine is alert, which it usually is. If you're keen on Meranom specials, you need to check in every day. I snapped up several highly sought-after and rare pieces at Meranom by doing just that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have been actively shopping for Vostoks recently and also noticed the same thing about Meranom and other big sellers, though it's most obvious with Meranom. In the comments section, people often ask when it will be in stock again and he simply replies, "no info".

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
208 Posts
They have plenty of classic Amphibias: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
Or classic Komandirskies: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
And new Amfibia models: Amphibian Classic Vostok Watches
And new Komandirskie models: Komandirskie Vostok Watches

The only things they rarely have are Special Editions. When they do, it's only 10 or 20 pieces at a time, which may be gone in a matter of hours, if the collectors' grapevine is alert, which it usually is. If you're keen on Meranom specials, you need to check in every day. I snapped up several highly sought-after and rare pieces at Meranom by doing just that.
Spot on. Been checking the site every few hours for months waiting for the 960 Neptune SE in orange to be available, just about given up checking (indeed bought the latest version from Vostok inc) when yesterday the Neptune SE 960763 in blue appeared at last. Snapped it up as quick as I could get the bank card out the wallet. Shame not an orange SE but blue will do. Like you say one really does have to check the Meranom site pretty much constantly these days.

BTW the misses knew I was buying a watch when I yelled.......... "Quick, where's the flippin wallet"............ To which she said "You're not buying another watch are you"

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
mech3133 said.......
BTW the misses knew I was buying a watch when I yelled.......... "Quick, where's the flippin wallet"............ To which she said "You're not buying another watch are you"
I think we all know how that turned out .............. :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts