WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-I picked this up in a 'goodwill' store ..any info appreciated...I cannot remove the back at this time...I was wondering what the L.J.CL refers to ...Tradition W,is this the old SEARS brand...It works great,I am going to clean and add a new strap ..Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi-I picked this up in a 'goodwill' store ..any info appreciated...I cannot remove the back at this time...I was wondering what the L.J.CL refers to ...Tradition W,is this the old SEARS brand...It works great,I am going to clean and add a new strap ..Thanks
That's a great buy! It may not be a terribly collectible watch, but that's the sort of find you'll always remember. :-!

I poke around in my local Value Village, and I'm just looking for a similar steal. Unfortunately, the opposite can happen too: one day, there was a gaudy '70s looking Omega, and some genius had slapped an arbitrary $300 price tag on it. Who knows, maybe it was a reasonable price, but it sure takes the fun out of looking.

Enjoy,

Jim

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,418 Posts
3.99 bucks for a chronograph?! With a 17 jewel movement?!! Even if it turns out to be a cam system Landeron or Valjoux 773X series calibre, I wish I would stumble across watches like that for that sort of cash!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well Hartmut,
That is actually quite easy!
I don't know if you live near France.
Go to France the 14 juillet/July (day of the French revolution) and almost all France is one big store of junk and very beautifull stuff.
go there and you will find everything you wish.
bought there a few years ago (2007) a pile (12) Landeron and Valjoux chrono's for about 35 Euro's.....
even an Universal (goldenshadow microrotor) white gold for just 70 euro's, well sold that one offcourse. (sold it to my brother b-), no big money made there b-))
and what to think of other nice Empire clocks etc....
It is worth a try! Don't go near the borders as there are more people around France's neigbours who know this ofcourse HAHAHA
O yea: French speaking helps A LOT!!!

regards,
RJ van Mellee

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hartmut Richter was correct, in what he thought the movement to possibly be....Valjoux 7733....I was at last, able to properly remove the back...I was looking around the net and as with other movements,these were used by alot of brands.......thks for the interest and info

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts