WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here. Not looking for a valuation or anything on this, just some information. I snagged this watch just recently on eBay for ultra cheap.

From what I gather, this watch was made during the late 1960's or 1970's as it has "Germany" on the bottom of the dial.

Not sure what type of quality this watch is and whether the movement they were using at that time was still a Swiss movement. Despite the age, it's my most accurate timekeeper. The movement is very smooth and sounds what I would call very "crisp" and satisfying.

I've searched quite a bit in the last few days and haven't been able to identify the model.

As stated above, any information at all would be appreciated.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Anything on the caseback? Movement pictures always help also

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both for this. I'm very new to this but fascinated. I am seeing the movement used in a Heuer dive watch mainly when I search.

Forgive me but, does a "French Ebauche" movement originate in France or is it still technically a Swiss movement? I'm seeing it referred to as Swiss when I search but that seems rather confusing.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Is this really from the 60s or 70s, or a more modern watch using the Benrus name after it had been acquired by other companies? It just looks like a more modern style to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts