WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone out there have any info, do you have etc. on 2 Casio Overland models (they're Japan only models) ??? Colrs on dials... one model OVW-100BJ-3AJF olive drab fabric strap dial looks olive drab is that so? Other model-OVW-100TDJ-1A2JF, this has SS bracelet, looks like dark grey or blk. dial. I prefer blk. dial.
thanks & regards Dr. Robertb-)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have the OAW-100TDJ it is Titanium. Really like it, as it is light and comfortable. It has an LED light at 6 o'clock. Atomic/solar. Mine syncs regularly. Manual is only in Japanese, so need to study the pictures to understand everything.

Here are a few pics...

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
is that wat it is?
tell me whtshadow, how do u feel bout the "6" being cut off half ?

they shoulda moved the digital part a little bit higher.

i like the dull paintjob. its like powder coating.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Having the number cut off does not bother me. I like it, as it is a marker to identify the 6 o'clock point.

As for the finish, if you find other posts from me, you will see other titanium watches I have. They all have that mat or brushed finish, and I like it. For the most part, I do not care for flashy watches. Mat or brushed finished are preferred.

·
Registered
544 Posts
As for the finish, if you find other posts from me, you will see other titanium watches I have. They all have that mat or brushed finish, and I like it. For the most part, I do not care for flashy watches. Mat or brushed finished are preferred.
The matte finish is the best feature of titanium. It doesn't reflect the sun so you can see the time better and its far more beautiful for a watch that isn't a jewel made of diamonds and silver. I prefer titanium too! It gives the feeling of extra quality IMO..

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
The matte finish is the best feature of titanium. It doesn't reflect the sun so you can see the time better and its far more beautiful for a watch that isn't a jewel made of diamonds and silver. I prefer titanium too! It gives the feeling of extra quality IMO..

and the light weight ti is very cool :-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Having the number cut off does not bother me. I like it, as it is a marker to identify the 6 o'clock point.

same here !!!! i dun like it shiny. too much bling !!!!;-)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello, thank you for the info.I like it more than the Seiko military watches I've seen..it's a little bigger. I am interested in the model w/ no digital display, but looks like yours. Again thank you.
regards, Dr. Robert

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
hello, thank you for the info.I like it more than the Seiko military watches I've seen..it's a little bigger. I am interested in the model w/ no digital display, but looks like yours. Again thank you.
regards, Dr. Robert
I like the digital. Alarms, World Time, etc. Simpler that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey WhtShadow,

I have been thinking of buying a watch very similar to yours:
OVW-100TDJ-1A2JF

LIW500DJ-1A DR9

Is your watch still working?
Is the LED bright enough that you can easily read it in the dark?
Have you had any issues with your watch?

Please let me know how it's worked out for you since this watch is around $200 (shipped from Japan) and I'd like to make an informed buy. Many thanks!
keno.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts