WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'll be honest.. i've never been a watch guy relying mostly only on my phone to tell the time. But recently i purchased a Raketa advertised as vintage. I really like it. But I know nothing about it. I'm hoping some of you here might? I don't know the model of this watch so i've posted this picture here. It looks great even with the worn out finish and it works beautifully. I read from one of the other threads here that the rotating bezel with the red and blue markers is used for when inside a submarine and it marks the guardian periods. But that's about all i know. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me more about it. Manufacturing date? Origin? Model? History? Also what would the original strap be for this watch since I got it strapless?

Thanks guys.
Haz.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I don't know much about it, but I think it is a really cool watch. Nice pick up!!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Haz,

Go to Welcome to USSR Time! and use the search to find ID 0400. You will find an older version of your Raketa and a brief description. Yours is a 1990s produced model (probably between '93 and '95) as it is marked Made in Russia. The Petrodvorets Watch Factory closed soon after. Older models will be marked Made in USSR.

Nice catch!

Sekondtime

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi guys,

I'll be honest.. i've never been a watch guy relying mostly only on my phone to tell the time. But recently i purchased a Raketa advertised as vintage. I really like it. But I know nothing about it. I'm hoping some of you here might? I don't know the model of this watch so i've posted this picture here. It looks great even with the worn out finish and it works beautifully. I read from one of the other threads here that the rotating bezel with the red and blue markers is used for when inside a submarine and it marks the guardian periods. But that's about all i know. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me more about it. Manufacturing date? Origin? Model? History? Also what would the original strap be for this watch since I got it strapless?

Thanks guys.
Haz.

View attachment 481068
Very nice Soviet era Raketa, Congratulations!

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
By the way there's no "original strap": at the time the Russian makers' standard practice was to supply the watches only and let the customer to choose their own. After all, a lot of people nowadays replace their original straps anyway, and not just on Russian watches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Ah.. 1990s.. would be awesome if it was from soviet era. Haha! Thanks for links and photos.. I went with a simple black leather strap. Hopefully it'll wear out and match the look with the worn out chrome.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks guys! Ah.. 1990s.. would be awesome if it was from soviet era. Haha! Thanks for links and photos.. I went with a simple black leather strap. Hopefully it'll wear out and match the look with the worn out chrome.
right, on the dial it says 'made in russia' so it is a post-Soviet production

1 - 10 of 10 Posts