WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not able to find much about this dial on google, anyone know what is the dial and case number?

Found this image when i searched for "vostok marine flag dial", the image seems to refer to "Andrejevski"

Vostok 2414 17j Andrejevski marine flag dial.jpg

Pic from:
Russian Watches

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Vostok Komandirskie Type 33 case, as for the dial it's hard to pin down a specific year, but my guess is that due to it having the older style hands (the lume windows were longer in soviet era Komandirskie hands) and the lack of an observable "Made in XXXX" on the dial I would put it somewhere between 1991 and 1993 ish.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried looking through the available vostok catalogs but could not find this one. Now I am even more curious to know what the model number of this dial is. Good that I at least know the year range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vostok Komandirskie Type 33 case, as for the dial it's hard to pin down a specific year, but my guess is that due to it having the older style hands (the lume windows were longer in soviet era Komandirskie hands) and the lack of an observable "Made in XXXX" on the dial I would put it somewhere between 1991 and 1993 ish.
The flag on the dial is the Russian (not Soviet) naval jack, and the Russian eagle at 12, supports a transition/ early Russian Federation dial, but yeah, I hadn't seen that dial before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
The flag was used by the Russian navy in Imperial times, but was only reintroduced for the Russian Federation navy in 1992 according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Navy_Ensign

The caseback may give some indication of date. If it has a serial number, I believe these were discontinued around 1993-4. If the back shows a sunset over the ocean with a small bird, it is probably earlier than a caseback with a large seabird.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mariomart - I'd date that movement to the early 1980s, I may be wrong but the SU marking and bevelled edge suggest this to me. If so, I doubt the dial is original to the watch.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Mariomart - I'd date that movement to the early 1980s, I may be wrong but the SU marking and bevelled edge suggest this to me. If so, I doubt the dial is original to the watch.
I agree, many things seem to not match up. However I've seen a 1990 catalog showing the 2414A with bevelled edges, also the Type 33 was in use from around 1991 and later, so the dial with no markings makes sense for the 91 to 93 ish time period.

I still think it's possibly all original.

NOS 1 - 02.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I tried looking through the available vostok catalogs but could not find this one. Now I am even more curious to know what the model number of this dial is. Good that I at least know the year range.
You won't find this dial in any Vostok catalogue of the era (post 1991) as Vostok made literally hundreds of different dials during this time, often in very small production runs.

The only way to find the dial code would be to find a NOS example with it's original box and passport which would also give the date of manufacture.

An image of the movement and case back could give a better idea of when it was made as these have changed over the years but I would estimate 1992-1995.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow, replying to a 2 years old post, but anyway... I was looking for this dial as well, but I have it on a different case
I believe both cases are correct, yours is in a type 53 case but it's often found in the type 33 case also, the only difference in the dials being the position of the dial feet.

This dial does not feature in any of the catalogues the closest image being the Admiralskie version of the dial in the 1993 catalogue...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts